Chapter 60 : The Tower

"Are you feeling alright now?" Aiden asks with a hint of worry in his tone as he supports Errissa to properly stand up.

Even though he doesn't understand what happened to her. The moment she ask for his help to leave the party, his heart began thumping with worry. Especially since that was the first time he witnessed her acting like that.

Errissa took a deep breath as she tries to shake the memories that is resurfacing in her mind. Just merely recalling the way he was so close to her made her shiver in fear. She can barely calm her heart from thumping loudly inside her chest.

"Y-yes... Yes, I'm fine now. Thank you for helping me, Aiden," she answers as she took another deep breath before looking up to stare at the scenery in front of her.

Now that she can properly think and process what is happening in her surroundings. She doesn't know where they ended up teleporting, since she doesn't have the strength to ask earlier.

"Huh?" she exclaimed in surprise as she glances around the unfamiliar room.

The room where they are currently standing is a place full of scattered documents, inventions, and clothes? And books. In short, it's a very messy room. Even on the sofa on the left side of the room, hs books all over it. Shifting her attention to a pile of documents in the middle of the room, that is only when she noticed that there was a desk underneath all of the papers.

'Gosh... who owns this place? Doesn't they know how to clean??' she thought to herself.

"Um... where exactly are we?" she asks while still staring at the mountain of documents in front of her.

"Ah? I think I accidentally teleported us into the tower. specifically to my office," Aiden answers as he notices where Errissa was staring.

With a wave of his hand, he fixes the mess on top of his desk before clearing his throat.

'Eh?? The Tower?? What? This messy place is the magic tower??' Errissa thought to herself with her eyes widening in surprise.

'Is this the reason why he always stays in my room to rest since he does not like cleaning his office??';;

"What do you mean accidentally?" she asks as she shifts her attention to Aiden who is still supporting her. His hand is still holding her waist she can feel her cheeks heating up from their closeness.

"Well... Whenever I want to escape from the palace, I always teleport here. That is why I unconsciously led us here," he simply answer.

"I see..."

"..."

"..."

Silence quickly surrounds them as they observe the room. Hoping for some kind of entertainment to appear to distract their fogged mind.

"Earlier... what exactly happened? Did... Did something happen between you and Silver?" Errissa flinches in surprise after hearing Aiden's question. Images of what happened at the party flashed briefly in her mind before she shakes those thoughts away.

She took a deep breath before she took a step away from him. Aiden flinches in surprise as Errissa removes his hand away from her. For some reason, he felt a sting of pain in his heart before he stops himself from frowning.

"N-no... Nothing happened between us," she manage to answer him, despite her heart still pounding loudly inside her chest.

*Ba-dump! Ba-dump!*

Even though she managed to answer him without too much stuttering or without shedding a tear. She feels disappointed in herself.

Although she knew that things have changed. That what happened during that ending did not happen anymore. That she thought she can finally face Silver again without batting an eye. Yet here she is...