Chapter 100 : Rumors And News

A shiver went down her spine as she took a sip of her tea, before a smile formed on her lips. For some reason, she is feeling excited about her day despite the situation she is facing.

During the time she spent in the Acker kingdom, she was invited to different tea parties by the noble ladies of the kingdom. The information that was thrown at her during those times has taken her by surprise.

Apparently... a rumor has already spread within the kingdom about her engagement with their crown prince. But that wasn't what shocked her the most, but the way everyone had already accepted her as their crown princess without even having a formal announcement of their so-called engagement. There wasn't even an announcement during her birthday celebration, where the Queen personally prepared everything. The celebration became well known especially when the crown prince was her escort the whole night.

Because of that, there are different versions of their supposed-to-be love story going around the social circle, and even within the commoners. There was even a play that was made from it.

She already addressed this to the Queen, to probe whether they are the ones who purposefully spilled such a rumor... though she has a feeling that she is indeed the one who spilled such a story.

And the Queen's response?

"My! What a splendid idea! What do you think about becoming my daughter-in-law, Errissa?" the Queen replied while wearing a bright smile on her lips.

She almost choked on the tea she was drinking during that time, but she managed to give the Queen a smile as her answer.

From then on, rumors about their engagement have completely spread within the kingdom. She also received a letter from her sister asking whether the rumor about the engagement between her and the crown prince was true.

Errissa's PoV

Just recalling the past events is making my head spin...

I had to reassure my sister that there would be no engagement to be formally announced and that everything was just a rumor. I admit the situation is a good thing for me, but I cannot entertain such an idea for now. Not when everything is already within my reach.

Especially Lael's reaction to all these... I can tell that he is pleased with these rumors. The funny thing is... everyone in the palace is teaching him how to court me. Yes! Even his siblings are coaching him on how to properly court me and how to make me fall for him. He cannot even ignore or avoid them as everyone is really rooting for our engagement. Honestly... this whole situation is an adorable mess!

There was even one time during my date with Lael when I caught his sister spying on us while supposedly wearing a disguise. But no matter how good their disguise was, I can tell who they are from the color of their eyes and hair. They did not even bother wearing a wig... or maybe they have forgotten to wear one?

Also... they have long started calling me their little sister and have long accepted me as their family member. They even kept buying and sending me gifts and things I liked. I have been spoiled during my stay here because of them and the Queen! I am just thankful that the King is more tame with his gifts for me.

This family is just so... cute.

"Did you like it?? How is that taste??" a woman who looks like the female version of Lael asks as her eyes sparkle in excitement.

Ah! Right! I was having a tea party with Lael's older sister, along with the noble ladies whom I have gotten along with here.

"It tastes refreshing! This is different than the other teas I have tasted before. This one is pretty good, Your Highness," I answer with a bright smile that seems to please her. I could see her eyes sparkle as she took a sip of her tea.