Chapter 90 : A Piece Of The Puzzle

Third person's pov

A bright light swallows the sisters as the scene of what happened all those years ago start playing in front of them.

The accident that started everything...

It's the day that Errissa is being escorted by the Duchess to the temple to begin her training as the next Saintess. Their carriage can be seen entering the woods surrounding the Temple grounds.

It wasn't well known to the public but, the Temple was built around a forest with an unusual amount of energy that became a protection ground for the temple. The energy will react to certain items, which will result in an explosion.

And... slowly the unknown seal inside the doll the young Errissa is holding, is reacting to that said energy.

"Mama look! Big sis gave this to me! Isn't it pretty?" The young Errissa excitedly shows the doll she is holding to her mother, who only chuckles in response.

"Lia is such a sweet sister to you. Make sure to send your sister letters every now and then so that she won't be lonely, along with your brother, okay?"

"Mhm! I will! Can they also visit me in the Temple, mama?" Errissa asks with her eyes shining in delight.

"I'm afraid that decision will require approval from your auntie," her mother answered with a hum as she shifts her attention to the scenery outside.

"Auntie? That is right! I'm excited to meet auntie! What is she like mother? Is she as pretty as you are?"

Her mother let outs a light chuckle as she observes her overexcited daughter squirming in her seat while hugging the doll that her older sister gave her.

"She is much more stunning than me. Your auntie is the kindest person I have ever encountered. Despite all the things... all the dreadful things I have done to her, she still continues to act like a sister to me whenever I need her. So dear... please make sure to behave well there, okay?" The duchess said with a fond look in her eyes as she continues to stare lovingly at her daughter.

"Mhm! I promise!" she giggles as she starts playing with her doll.

As they sat in silence, a buzzing sound began ringing in the air as the Duchess's shoulder stiffens. But before she can react, the doll that Errissa was holding began glowing... and then it exploded.

"Errissa!" the sound of her scream blended in with the sound of the carriage exploding.

Errissa's pov

"What is this...?" I mumble in confusion and shock the moment I came face to face with a carriage exploding right in front of me.

"T-This is...!" I heard Lianne mumbling as she stares in shock at the scenery playing in front of us.

I merely wanted her to tell me everything that happened, but that doesn't mean I want to see it with my own eyes.

I did not know that touching her hand would lead us to... this. Wherever this is.

I glance back at the scene as someone crawls out of the burning carriage carrying a small child in their arms.

"Errissa..." the woman mumbles weakly as she places her child gently on a patch of grass away from the burning carriage.

My heart suddenly twists in pain from watching the scene. Why...? Why does she look different than the one I have just met?

The look in her eyes is much more... gentle and full of love. While the 'mother' I met, a while ago is someone full of desperation and longing. And there was something else that doesn't feel right in that woman.