Chapter 48 : New Head, New Room

"Are you alright my lady?" I heard Sara ask me with a concerned look on her face.

After what happened last night, the Duke is presently recovering in his room while Rian is acting as a temporary head. Rian manages to stop Aiden in time, and he lowers his head to Auntie Viona to help save the Duke.

I can tell Auntie was hesitating from helping the Duke. But she still healed him, despite the obvious frown on her lips. Though, I heard that right now he still remains unconscious.

Aiden... he, on the other hand, was forced to leave last night after Rian punched him in the face. I... don't know what will happen to him. Since I heard from Sara that the palace has already heard of what happened.

If what happened became a huge dispute that will lead to the fall of the tower then... it will be my fault. If Aiden wasn't there last night... then I would have been the one to cause the Duke those wounds. It will be me to receive whatever punishment they will give him.

"I-it's my f-fault..." I mutter as my sight got blurry with the tears that are forming in my eyes.

"O-of course not, my lady! My lady is not at fault for anything! I am sure everything will be fine soon. So please stop crying, my lady!" Sara tries comforting me as she pulls me into a hug.

I conceal my face in her shoulders as I let myself cry.

'Pfft! Such act! How long will you hide behind this facade? I'm getting bored~!'

"It's okay my lady... I am certain the young lord will do something to resolve everything. So cry it all out, for now. I will stay by your side until you feel better," she whispers as she gently caresses my back.

'Oh, Sara... My sweet innocent one~. I will meet you again soon, I promise you that.'

Sara...

Whatever you are hiding... I will accept you for who you are. Because you are the sole person, no, the very first person I have trusted before I have completely believed in my siblings. I... like you very much, Sara.

"Please stay with me, Sara..." I mutter under my breath as I hug her tight.

"...as you wish, my lady."

--

"How could you be so reckless?" Prince Alaric spoke with a weary sigh as he caresses his throbbing head.

The news about what happened to the Redmond residence has already reached his ears since Aiden has informed him what happened.

After he had left the residence, Aiden went straight to the Prince's office and waited for him there. Once he calmed down, everything that he did came crashing down on him. He could not control the anger that he was experiencing and almost killed the Duke. If Rian did not punch him from the state that he was in, he is certain that his mana... will be able to destroy the residence. Including everyone within the area... especially the person that was with them.

'Errissa...' His mind quickly imagines what could have happened if he ended up losing control over his mana.

"..." He remained mute as he clenches his fist.

"Ha... Here I thought that the only thing I will have to think about is a way to aid Errissa once she enters the Temple. Aside from my own wedding which will happen right after my birthday. But now... I have to find a way to prevent this from creating a huge ruckus!" The Prince mutter as he leans on his chair with his head throbbing from all the work that has been added to his schedule.