Chapter 71 : ̶E̶v̶e̶r̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶w̶r̶o̶n̶g̶

"Haviona, if you want me to continue helping you. You know what to do to her," The Cardinal spoke in a tone that made Haviona shiver in fear.

All of a sudden, her memories of when she initially met him came rushing into her mind. The same chilling feeling that she felt back then, came back to her the more he stared at her.

"A young child as the next Saintess? I doubt you can handle the pressure. That is why pack your bags and leave."

She bit her lower lip as she took a deep breath.

'Come on now, I have done everything I can to reach this position. I will not let anything go awry,' Haviona thought to herself as she held her head high.

A determined look can be seen on her face as she shifts her attention to Errissa.

"Auntie?" Errissa tried to get Haviona's attention but the moment she turns to look at her, a hand has already gripped her arms from behind.

"Auntie?!" she exclaims in shock before Haviona mutter a spell that put her into a deep sleep.

Right before her eyes flutter close, she heard the Saintess whisper something to her.

'Auntie...' is her last thought as darkness swallowed her.

"Do not worry, your eminence. I have not forgotten my promise to you. I was simply... showing her the ropes," Haviona spoke in an indifferent voice that made the orphans shiver.

"..."

Hezekiah stares wordlessly at her as he can feel his power acting up inside him. It's only a matter of time before the hunger will overpower him.

'It's almost time for me to eat,' he quietly thought to himself as he glance at the orphans. The orphans all shivered in fear as they try to hide behind the bars of their cells.

"Haviona, you better remember the one in charge of this place. If you think you can find a way to overpower me, then think again. You know that I will not hesitate to eliminate you from your position. And if you are stripped of your title... I wonder what will happen to you and your important person. You would not risk that just because of this little flower, would you?" Hezekiah stated that made Haviona flinch as she glared at the Cardinal.

'If only I don't need anything from you...'

"I will not risk anything for her safety. That much I can promise you," Haviona answers as she let Errissa fall down the cold stone floor.

.

.

.

The moment she opens her eyes, all she can see is the metal door in front of her.

"Huh?" she mutters as she tries to shift her hand only to realize that it is confined by a chain on the wall behind her.

Looking down her feet are also tied with metal chains.

"What just happen?? Why am I locked up...? Oh? Oh! I remember why!" She exclaims as she remembers the arrival of the Cardinal.

She was too surprised when the Cardinal found them, that she did not manage to do anything.

"I'm sorry..." the words that Haviona muttered right before she loses her consciousness, echoed in her mind.

'Auntie... Is she really going to go on like this? Why was she so terrified of him? Is it because she looks at him as a father figure? Is that why?' she quietly thought to herself as she let out a sigh.