Chapter 42 : Books (Part One)

"Focus! Stop getting distracted and focus your attention!" Aiden yells for the fifth time today.

It is supposed to be the second day of the winter ball yet here he is, instructing me to control my mana.

He keeps on reprimanding me since he said I am easily getting distracted.

I took a deep breath and once again I close my eyes. Focusing my attention on the warmth of my mana that is flowing within me.

"..." I can feel Aiden's eyes staring at me.

No, focus brain! I don't want to hear him shouting at me again.

My finger twitches as I can feel my mana flowing through my fingertip. This is what he has been attempting to instruct me. Making my mana flow to my hand all the way from my core.

And then, take another deep breath before releasing it.

"!" I can feel its warmth seeming to hover around me.

"You finally did it. Open your eyes and witness the color of your aura," I overheard Aiden speak as I gradually open my eyes.

"!" There and then I observe my reflection in the mirror that Aiden placed in front of me. A winter white color aura is surrounding me with a hint of gold. And my eyes... I can see it sparkling a bit.

"This! This is astonishing!" I exclaim as I lift up my hand slightly, I can feel the energy in the air.

I can't explain the feeling that I am experiencing right now.

"Now that you know how to control your mana. Do you know how to heal simple wounds?" Aiden spoke after a while.

"Heal? Can anyone heal wounds?" I ask in curiosity as I took a deep breath before releasing my aura.

The white aura that envelops me, vanishes in an instant as I exhale.

"No, not everyone. But the people who are born with high mana flow can repair simple cuts in their bodies. You can do it if you focus your energy on the spot where the cut is and imagine it getting healed. Easy as that," Aiden explains.

What do you mean easy as that? Just what kind of explaining is that supposed to be?? Why do I feel like he is making the explanation in a simplified form than what it really is?? Does he think of me as a toddler or something??

"So one can heal simple wounds easily like that? What about the healing that a light mage can do? What is the difference from the healing of a normal high mana user to a light magic wielder?"

"Light magic is for purifying of one's physical body, mana, and soul. It is the highest level of healing that can leave no scar. As for high-level mana users, the healing they can do is to fix the wounds, but it can still leave scars on one's body. It cannot also guarantee that the wound is completely healed. There will be side effects that will occur, for example, the throbbing of the part of the body where the wound once placed."

"What about the way you healed me? How come there are no scars and no side effects?"

Aiden flinches before glancing away from me.

Huh?

"I have a special mana that is similar to a light mage yet also different at the same time."

"And why is that?" Is it because the author overpowers you too much?

"That is enough asking questions. I need to go back to the tower. Remember that Alaric will come to see you," after announcing those words he disappears once again.