Chapter 43 : Books (Part tw-- ̷C̷u̷r̷i̷o̷u̷s̷ ̷M̷i̷n̷d̷s̷)

I cover my face with my hand, before taking deep breaths to soothe my racing heart.

Ugh... should I have kept them hidden inside the drawer, instead?

"If you keep on going with this topic... then please leave," I mutter as I glare at him.

He let out a chuckle as he shrugs his shoulders.

"You can't make me leave. Besides, I have a question to ask of you."

What do you mean I can't make you leave? I can easily call out the knights outside my room to drag you out!

"If it is about the books again then don't even bother asking it."

"Pfft! N-no of course it isn't about this!" He said so, but his shoulder is shaking from trying not to laugh.

Gosh! This guy!

I grab a nearby pillow, that is silently sitting on the chair next to me and hurl it at him.

"H-hey! Alright, I'll stop!" he exclaims once the pillow strikes him right in his face.

I... don't know when I stop feeling afraid of this guy. But... I no longer feel any nervousness around him. To be honest, I am oddly comfortable whenever he is nearby. But maybe that is because I have gotten used to his presence?

It was way too different during the times I spent with... him.

"Ahem! At any rate, what do you think about the Saintess?" he asks as he turns serious.

"Auntie Viona? What about her?" I ask curiously before taking a sip of my water.

"She is... Not exactly a benevolent type of woman. In my experience at least."

Just... what kind of interaction did they have before to make him say these? I am way too curious as to what happened between them.

"Not friendly? But she was nothing but kind to me, though?" I respond as I tilt my head.

Is this the reason why they are so uncomfortable with her? Or maybe I am the weird one here?

Aiden's eyes widen in surprise at my answer. Is that really unbelievable??

"Are we talking about the same woman?" he asks with a deadpanned look on his face.

He really doesn't believe what I have said?;;

"But that is the truth, though? I know that brother is also uncomfortable with her, but what about you Aiden? Did something happen between you and Auntie?" Come on don't be shy and spill the beans. I want to know what happened!

As I eye him with curiosity, Aiden only let out a sigh as his expression became gloomy.

Eh? What is this??

"It's a lengthy story. But it happened during our first time meeting. Let's just say that it did not end well."

I think can tell by your expression... But it only made me more curious about it. Should I ask Auntie instead?

"Ah! I want to know about her mana!" I spoke a bit too excitedly. Since he won't answer anymore regarding their first meeting, I will use this chance to ask about her mana.

I was intrigued about her mana since she is the Saintess after all. And I want to know if I can learn more about light magic from her. After all, she is the only one who has a firm grasp of information about our power.

He flinches from my question as a mix of emotions reflects in his eyes.

"Aiden?" He has already granted me permission to entitle him by his name rather than calling him, Master. Since he said it was reminding him of his mages that he left at the tower.