CHAPTER 66 : ̶F̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶F̶r̶e̶e̶d̶o̶m̶

Errissa's POV

Things have changed...

This once peaceful kingdom has turned into a mess, with everyone trying to grasp what has happened... yet no answers came out.

'Isn't this quite exciting? Not knowing what kind of events will happen in the future?'

Taking a deep breath, I took in the smell of the flowers in front of me. I am currently in an indoor garden here at the Temple. I was trying to discover more concealed doors here and ended up here in this charming garden.

No one seems to be attending this garden at this moment...

"I wonder what kind of flowers are all these? This is the first time I have seen such rare flowers," I quietly mumble to myself as I stroll around the flower garden.

I can see some flowers here that was supposed to be only growing in the southern region or the northern and eastern regions. Yet here they are, growing completely fine.

I wonder who is the person that has managed to take care of all these flowers?

"Huh? Hold on, aren't these... poison flowers?" I exclaimed in shock as I notice a familiar flower sitting in the middle of two blue rose bushes.

A flower with petals the same as a lily, yet it has a stem almost identical to a rose... minus its thorns. The flower Alire... a rare beauty of a flower with its petals seemingly glowing under the moonlight. Yet this flower is extremely poisonous when consumed.

Touching and smelling it is fine, but never ever put the finger you used to touch it, to your lips... for this will make you ill for days.

If you consume one flower, it can only make you ill for weeks at most. It will cause you a severe fever, sore throat, and body aches. You won't die even if you consume at least three petals of it.

The only time it will become lethal is when you consume all of its petals. This flower has six petals in total, and its color is often light blue.

It will only be a matter of days before it will terminate your life.

Why do I know this, you asked? Well, that is because I have used this poison before. This is the poison I, Errissa, have used against Lianne... twice.

"Drink this poison for me sister," I spoke breaking the silence.

"W-what?" I can note the way Lia is taken aback by what she has overheard from me.

Her eyes widen in surprise as she has taken a step back away from me. From where we are, I can still hear the loud music of the party, along with the shouts of the knights trying to find us.

"Why are you so surprised? Did you not say that you wanted to help me? Then drink this. Oh, do not worry. I have only used three petals for these so that they won't kill you. But I did mix some antidote in here... so it will likely make you unconscious for days or weeks to come," I explain as if I was merely explaining something ordinary.

But our situation is no ordinary matter or no laughing matter at all. If we were to take a wrong step from here... then both of us will no longer have a chance for freedom.

No matter what we do, we will no longer be able to escape The Fog's clutches.

"Come on sister. They will be here any minute now. I still need to meet with Rosa so that our plan will start," I said in an anxious tone as I walked toward her and clasp her hand.