Chapter 103 : Burning Kingdom And Smooth Words

I mean come on! I am the one who actually did all the hard work and they had the nerve to be able to act all loving dovey while the kingdom is burning! Well... on the other hand, I supposed that does sound romantic. I think that will be my ideal date.

Pftt! As if I will have someone like that anyway. No one par up to my standards and no one will genuinely like me for who I am rather than this stupid pretty face that I have.

Everyone that I have met has done nothing but try to get me to bed. No one has sincerely tried to get to know me. That brat Errissa is the only one who... I genuinely care for as much as I hate to admit it. Honestly... I will beat her if she ever backs down from this plan when we have gotten so close to achieving our dreams!

Ugh... Why am I thinking about this in the first place! I should just... go and torture some poor souls until Errissa is finished with her date.

.
.
.

Errissa's pov

This is not what I had expected.

The screams of agony echoing all over the kingdom and the nauseating smell of flesh being burned are much more interesting than the sight I have in my imagination. Actually, my imagination is nowhere near the grandiosity that is happening right now. I very much prefer this to the small images created by my mind.

"Are you alright, my lady?" Lael's voice snaps me out of my thoughts as we stop by a small village on the way to the capital. We have been stopping every time we see a village. Lael insists on stopping by the villages where there could be a survivor hiding so they can help them.

I don't mind him doing this since I am sure he is having mixed feelings about the plan, especially since he is now witnessing the result of it. He acts like he is not affected by the chaos that is happening but he doesn't like it when civilians get dragged as a result of revenge. He is really suited to be the next king of his kingdom, no wonder all his siblings don't want to fight him for the throne. It's because they know him better than I do.

Also, his knights along with the knights that were assigned as my escorts before are now searching for survivors in this burnt village. The fire that was eating this village has been purged away by the rain. And so far... I haven't seen any survivors from all the villages we have stopped by. There is nothing but burnt corpses everywhere we go. I am sure all the knights have started to lose hope of seeing any survivors around. They may not outright express it but I can easily tell from the way they act.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. I'm just thinking of what kind of sight will greet us once we reach the capital," I answer to him as he covers me with his cloak.

It's not exactly a lie... I am wondering what kind of chaotic scene will welcome us once we reach the capital. I wonder what kind of surprises Rosaline has prepared for us. I have only told her to plant chaos, especially within the capital since that is where we will have our face-off with that fog woman. The capital is the perfect stage for the end of everything since that is the place where this nonsense started.

"I'm sure the capital has the strongest defense so your sister is fine. But I'm certain you already know that, Am I wrong, my lady?" he whispered in my ear as he glanced around to make sure that no one was listening.

I gave him a meaningful smile as we walked out of the village and to the small camp we set near the river.

"Do you think I'm the worst for doing this to the citizens of this kingdom?" I ask him as we continue to walk side by side.

Although I already know that he would not think so badly of me considering all the things we went through. But I still can't help to ask him this question.