Chapter 65 : Confused Yet? ̶(̶R̶)̶

( Five months passed by)

The news about what happened at the Redmond Mansion, spread like fire the next day. Fear and confusion took over them as they mourn the lives that were lost in the accident.

The families of the victims are all crying for justice for what happened to their family members. Everything is total chaos as made-up rumors are being spread adding more fuel to the fire.

"Wasn't there a rumor that the head of the magic tower got into a fight with Duke Redmond?" a whisper broke from the crowd.

"Yes! I remember hearing that from a friend who has a cousin working as a servant of the Redmond! He said that the master of the tower almost killed the Duke!"

"Oh?? Then could the master of the tower have done this??"

Soon enough the rumor about the tower being behind the accident spread throughout the capital.

From every rumor that will came out of someone's lips, a dark seed is being planted inside their heart... and it will soon take over their life.

The ones leading the investigation regarding the incident are having a hard time pinpointing the reason and who might have done it. Though, no one can say it out loud but... they are all blaming the Tower for the commotion that is happening.

It doesn't help that they found a trace of a mage from the tower near the site of the accident.

Though what they have witnessed in the tower made them more confused than ever.

What welcomes Aiden, Silver, and the royal guards is a whole lot more messed... than they were in for.

The bodies of unconscious mages sprawled on the floor everywhere they look. They tried waking them up but no one stir up from their slumber, even if they slapped their faces.

Not only that but all the equipment the tower had were destroyed as well as all the important documents they had.

"I'm going to kill them!" Aiden shouted in frustration as his mana began surrounding his body.

His aura covered the whole room as he glared at the broken equipment in front of him.

.

.

.

The celebration that was supposed to be a symbol of a new beginning was overthrown because of the accident. The crown prince himself is the one that leads the investigation as to what might have caused the accident. As the Redmond siblings are mourning the death of the Duke and still praying for the safety of their missing brother.

Lianne has been wearing mourning clothes since the day after her wedding. She did not have enough time to enjoy her newly married life because of what happened.

She has been locking herself inside her palace, refusing to see or talk to anyone. Even her husband rarely sees her as he is also busy with the investigation.

On the other hand, Errissa has also been wearing mourning clothes and has been exempted from doing chores. The rumors that were once circulating about her have changed to rumors of sympathy for the sisters.

Even though they are all confused and scared about the incident that has happened, or what will affect their kingdom. There is one thing they are sure of... It's the life of the Redmond sisters will never be the same.

--

"How could this happen?! Why are there rumors about the tower circulating around?! I thought that was already fully covered!" Alaric exclaimed as he slams his fist on his desk.