Chapter 64 : Arising Questions ̶(̶R̶)̶

"Who dares to barge in without permission?!" The King yells as he turns his attention to the knight.

He can feel frustration building up in his heart as his time with the Saintess is once again interrupted. He glared at the knight who is leaning on the door while breathing heavily, from all the running that he has done.

The said knight is one of the personal knights of the young Duke, Rubian. Siwon is the youngest personal knight of Rian. He has a small mole under his left eye and a scar under his chin. He has short brown hair and honey brown eyes.

After the disappearance of the Duke, he was sent by Izef to alert the palace of the accident that have occurred.

He swiftly rode one of the horses in the stable before heading toward the main palace.

"Go on and leave. I saw Errissa going inside one of the rest areas," the Cardinal whispers to Haviona as he quietly pushes her away from the King.

Haviona mumbles a small thank you as she was about to take a step... when the knight has spoken once again, causing a commotion among the nobles.

"H-his grace!! His grace is missing!!" the knight yelled which made the nobles break into murmurs.

"What?! How could that happen??"

"Didn't his grace depart only an hour ago?"

"Did he get kidnapped??"

Speculations began to circulate among the remaining nobles in the room as they began to suspect the ones that have already left the banquet hall.

"Calm down and tell us exactly what happened," the one who spoke, is Ishiki.

He is tall with pale skin, blonde hair, and amber eyes. Since he was the one close to the door, he decided to give the knight a glass of water so he can interrogate him properly.

He led the knight to the middle of the room so that he can be heard by everyone. Soon the knight is surrounded by all-important figures as he took a deep breath to compose himself.

"I am part of his grace, Duke Rubian's personal knight. My name is Siwon. I became his knight two years ago. We were escorting his grace back to the Redmond Duchy when we saw the state of the mansion."

"What do you mean 'state of the Mansion'?" Lianne asks as she nervously clasps the Prince's hand.

By the time that the knight is telling the events that they have witnessed, both Errissa and Aiden have entered the hall and are standing next to the Saintess.

"The- The Duchy! A fire has destroyed the whole mansion!" the knight exclaims as the memories of the burnt mansion and servants have etched in his mind.

He still can not believe what he has witnessed. As the once familiar faces to him, now become undescribable from the fire.

"What about the survivors? Where are they now?" Ishiki asks as he glanced worriedly at Lianne.

He cannot believe that the moment he came back from the mission the Prince have assigned to him, an event like this happened. To think he was thinking about filing a request for leave to the Prince so that he can rest for a month.

Now... He has no choice but to help in investigating this case. Especially, since Lianne's family is involved.

"N-none. There are no survivors except us, knights. E-even the Duke... the Duke has gone missing!"

"What do you mean gone missing?!" Errissa exclaimed in shock.

Aiden worriedly glances at her, but he can not move close to him because of the way the Saintess is glaring at him.