Chapter 50

I woke up feeling sore. Sleeping on the floor wasn't the most pleasant thing when you were used to sleeping on luxurious beds.

Klara sat leaning against a tree with eyes closed. Was she asleep? It looked really uncomfortable to be sleeping that way. Yawning, I tried to get up but almost yelped as a sharp pain stabbed my leg. Sitting back down quickly I looked at my foot, it had swollen more.

"What happened?" Klara was suddenly next to me.

Grimacing in pain "My leg has gotten worse." I said.

She looked at it closely. "I think we need to take you to a doctor."

"Is that possible?" In the current situation, it would be difficult to find a doctor.

She ran her fingers through her hair. I could see the confusion on her face.

"We have to. You could lose your leg since we don't know what caused the swelling."

She stood up and gave me her hand to help me up. Then she helped me walk to the horse.

"We need to get to the city." She said as she helped me climb the horse. "We might find a doctor there."

Getting on the horse herself we rode into the city. On the way, Klara bought us some food and asked some locals where we could find a physician.

"You will find a little white cottage around the second corner to the left. There lives an old man called Robert. He might help you." An old woman told us.

"Thank you." Klara said and we moved on to find doctor Robert.

Abruptly Klara stopped and turned her horse.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"My brother's men." She whispered and the began to ride as fast as lighting.

"Oh god..." I held onto her and shut my eyes tightly.

I could hear the sound of galloping horses behind us. They were getting closer by each time.

Klara sped up even more and I gasped as the air whipped my face with such force. I didn't have enough strength to hold onto her especially when the dizziness was coming back and my stomach threatened to hurl.

"What are you doing? Hold on!" I heard Klara shout but before I knew I was falling until I hit something hard and groaned in pain.

"Really?!" Klara said irritation in her voice as I felt her grab my arms and help me stand up.

"Stop being so weak."

Weak? I hadn't had enough sleep or food for days and my whole body was aching with pain.

I grabbed onto her until the spinning stopped and I was looking into her crystal blue eyes.

She frowned. "Are you alright?"

I nodded.

"Well, you won't be alright for long." She said looking around.

We were surrounded by soldiers in blue.

"Your Highness." One of them spoke coming forward. A higher rank soldier from the batch on his arm.

"Sergeant Jonathan. I don't want to fight you so take your men and go back." Klara ordered.

"I don't want to fight you either Your highness so please come with us. His majesty is worried."

"I am not coming with you."

"Then I have no choice but to force you." Jonathan said.

Klara placed herself in front of me and took her sword out. Jonathan took his sword out as well and stood in the middle of the ring created by the soldiers. Lord, why could we never get a rest?