Chapter 104: Vol2 Chapter 44

Klara watched the sunset at the horizon, bringing a splash of rich colors spreading all over the sky. Oranges, blues, crimsons, and purples blended like the finest art creating a breathtaking canvas.

Once she had been like those colors. Warm, vivid, alive and full of passion. She had been someone who lived her life on her own terms. She was strong, confident and adventures. But nowadays she had been nothing but confused and scared. Even her sister Astrid had noticed.

"You don't want to marry him. Why are you doing this?" Astrid had asked.

"Rasmus is waiting for me to choose someone." Klara reminded.

"And when did you ever let brother decide things for you or anyone else for that matter?"

Klara sighed. "I am getting old." She chuckled.

"And when did you care about society's rules? Come on! Where is my rebellious sister who did whatever she wanted?"

"I thought you hated her." Klara wondered.

"I did, but now I miss her." Astrid smiled. "I don't want you to ever stop doing what your heart tells you, just like you did before. I want you to be happy."

And here she was after having done what her heart told her. Admitting that she wanted Roshan. What would this lead to?

If Klara had met Roshan before getting her heart broken she probably wouldn't have cared if he was a demon or if her brother opposed to their relationship. She would have followed her heart and told him straight that she liked. Just like she did with Lucian.

But now, after knowing the pain of not being able to be with the person you love, she became less fearless. Now she feared for her heart, which was beating erratically inside her chest while she waited for Roshan.

Klara looked outside the window. The sun had set completely and the sky turned black. Klara had lied to her handmaidens that he was going to sleep and didn't want to be disturbed. Once she was alone she had dressed nicely, combed her hair and painted her lips all while her stomach fluttered with nervousness. Lastly, she put scented oils and perfume onto her skin before blowing a few candles off and waiting anxiously in her dimly lighted room.

While waiting Klara questioned her insanity a million times. Even if she went back to being fearless, she shouldn't be so fearless to invite a demon into her chamber at night. What had she planned to do with him? Just what had she done?!

But as soon as she remembered his touch, his kiss and especially his words her fear turned into yearning. She already longed to be in his arms. Even if it was forbidden for a maiden like her.

After a whiles wait, she grabbed a book to kill some time. Laying down on her bed she began to read, but soon she was getting tired and Roshan hadn't shown up yet. Did he forget about her? Or was he making her wait on purpose?

If he didn't come tonight she would never meet him again. She didn't want someone who gambled with her feelings.

Annoyed and frustrated Klara went back to reading her book. For awhile she did her best to not fall asleep but gave up eventually and decided to take a nap. Adjusting her pillow she rested her head on it before closing her eyes. Right before she fell into a deep slumber she felt cold fingers caress her cheek.

Roshan.

The sleepiness she felt vanished in the blink of an eye and all she wanted was to open her eyes, jump up and hug him. But she quickly reminded herself that he had made her wait.

"I am sorry I made you wait." He whispered.

Klara ignored him and kept her eyes shut.

"You can add it to my punishment." He whispered again.