Chapter 95: Vol2 Chapter 35

I sat up on the bed and looked around. Where was I? The last thing I remembered was sleeping next to Lucian in the woods and now I woke up in a strange room. Before I could dwell further on it Lucian walked inside.

"Good morning." He smiled.

"Good morning. Where are we?" I asked.

He came and sat next to me on the bed. Then he took my hand in his before looking deeply into my eyes.

"We are in the royal army camp. Things are going to get difficult and ugly from now on." He explained.

He was going to dethrone Pierre. But would the royal army help him? I got suddenly concerned.

"Will they help you?"

"Yes." He said with confidence. "And If they don't I'll do it myself."

A war. Again. I just wanted to live peacefully with Lucian but after everything he went through and those who betrayed and tortured him, they deserved to get punished.

A knock on the door made us both turn and soon a man in a military attire entered the room.

"Your Highness. General Black is ready to meet you." He said.

Lucian turned back to me. "Rest and I'll come back." He said.

"I'll come with you." I insisted.

He looked at me for a while then nodded.

General Black sat laid back in his chair, watching some of his men fighting with their swords. Once the soldier informed our presence General Black tore his gaze from the fight and turned to us. His eyes widened as he stood up slowly from his seat and approached us.

"Your Highness. It's really true that you are alive." He spoke.

"I am and you know what that means."

General Black frowned. "Yes I do. You want the crown."

"Yes and I need your army by my side."

Alright. This was too straightforward I thought.

General Black shook his head. "I am glad that you are alive but unfortunately I can't help you."

"Why?" I suddenly blurted.

He turned his gaze to me with a confused look on his face then turned to Lucian.

"This is my wife, Hazel." Lucian explained.

My heart stopped for short while. He said I was his wife. He believed me!

General Black turned back to me. "Your Highness, with all due respect this is a political matter and I don't think you understand." He said.

"Then explain to me." I demanded.

"Well..." He looked between me and Lucian. "King Pierre has many powerful allies. He could gather them all to defeat my army. Why would I let my men die in vain?"

"Pierre won't be able to gather his allies because I have the seal." Lucian explained.

I could see that general Black got even more surprised but he didn't ask any further questions.

"The people of this kingdom are suffering. Your father was a great ruler, your brother isn't. I am not sure if you will be a great ruler either." He explained.

"There is only one way to find out." Lucian said. "Are you willing to take that risk?"

"Don't disappoint me." general Black warned.

I was glad that he had agreed to help and they sat outside for awhile speaking and planning on what to do next while I watched the men fighting with their swords.