Chapter 69: Vol2 Chapter 9

"My lady, His Highness has requested your presence."

"You may leave," I said as my hands began to sweat and my heart began to hammer inside my chest. I had spent the whole night plotting my revenge, thinking of different ways to kill Pierre. None of them seemed satisfying enough. Death was too small a punishment.

But I couldn't give him the punishment he deserved. This was all I could do.

I looked at myself one last time in the mirror. I chose a beautiful peach dress that complimented my skin and let my hair down in beautiful waves. Putting some perfume I painted my lips the same color as my dress. Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves down I stepped out of the room. I needed to be calm and confident if I wanted my plan to succeed.

On my way to Pierre's room I thought about all the things that could go wrong and what would happen to me if I failed. I was sure I wouldn't live to see another day then.

The guards opened the door immediately without informing my presence and gestured for me to go in. I pushed all of my fears aside and held my head high as I walked in with steady, determined steps.

"Good morning, Your Highness." I curtsied.

Pierre who was sitting comfortably in an armchair looked up in surprise. Slowly his lips formed into a smile of satisfaction.

"Good morning, my dear." He said getting up from his chair while letting his gaze sweep over my body, from head to toe. "You look lovely today."

"Thank you." I tried to smile without sounding nervous.

He narrowed his gaze as if trying to figure me out. "Is there a special occasion I don't know of?"

"No Your highness. I just decided to not act childish anymore." I began. "I have thought a lot about what is best for me and as you said it's not being on your bad side. "

I looked up to meet his gaze and he was still looking calculatingly at me. At last, he crossed the little distance between us and wrapped one arm around my waist pulling my body to his. I fought hard not to look disgusted.

"Are you saying you agreed to become mine?"

I nodded. "But I need some time. You killed my husband after all, it's impossible to like you overnight."

He let go of me looking amused. "I appreciate your honesty but still you see, I feel...hurt. I will give you the time you need but meanwhile, you will not live as a princess but as my personal maid. How about that?" He said raising one brow.

"You still want to punish me?"

"Oh no." He shook his hands. "I just wanted you to not take too much time. I have become more and more impatient, you see."

Yes, I could see. He would make my life miserable as his personal maid so that I would make up my mind fast. Nevermind, he would already be dead by then. As his personal maid, I would get many opportunities to be alone with him and that was just what I needed.

"Now, I need a bath." He said enjoying the situation he put me in.

"Of course, Your highness. I will prepare one immediately." I said annoyed that he couldn't even wait a moment before he could begin to order me around. I didn't even get a chance to change from the beautiful dress I was wearing.

Thanks to Lydia I knew how to prepare a bath. I filled the bathtub with hot water, put some scented oils and soap, then went on to bring some towels.

My heart was beating all the time thinking of how uncomfortable it would be to bath someone, especially someone as dirty as Pierre. Even if he used all the water in the world he would still be as dirty as he was.