Chapter 58

Lucian stared up at the ceiling. Just what the hell happened last night? He was still confused. He had bitten Hazel, bitten her, and his teeth. He felt his teeth with his fingers, they were back to normal. Was it a dream maybe?

He turned to Hazel. She was sleeping peacefully. His gaze traveled to her neck, he did indeed bite her. He could see the wound which strangely already healed and was now only a faint mark. What he found more strange was that he had wanted to bite her, it had felt so right to do it, as if it was normal to bite a human being. But again he was never normal.

He traced a finger over the scar. The mark felt hot under his finger. Hazel stirred in her sleep and opened her eyes slowly. She rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands and blinked a few times before she could look at him. He found her very adorable when she did that.

"Good morning." she smiled.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?"

"I slept very well and you?"

"Never slept better." He said as he caressed her cheek.

She smiled happily at him. Last night when he bit her she didn't run away as she should. She had stayed with him, told him to not stop making love to her and he took the chance to take her in every possible way, to love her till she had enough. Could he love this woman more? He was already feeling as if his heart was going to burst.

Suddenly she frowned and brought her hand up to her neck. "Lucian? You bit me last night?"

Well, he did. He nodded.

She seemed to think for a while. "You are not...a ...a vampire?" She shook her head as if refusing to believe it. "You can walk in the sun."

And he had never bitten anyone before. Why her and why now? He wondered.

"If I am...would that change your feelings for me?"

It didn't matter to him anymore what he was as long as Hazel loved him.

Her eyes softened and she shook her head. "Nothing will change my feelings for you."

Yes, he could love this woman more. He would love her more for every day that went by and when he gets old and dies his heart would still beat because of the love he had for her.

He leaned down and gave her a long lingering kiss. "Do you want to have a bath together?"

She nodded and blushed.

Lucian carried me to the bathroom and put me down gently. I was wrapped in the bedsheets with nothing underneath and I held onto it tightly. I was still not comfortable being completely n.a.k.e.d.

I could see that Lucian found it all amusing. "It will be difficult to bath with all that." He smirked.

"I know." I said and forced myself to let go of the sheets. They fell to the ground and I stood there completely n.a.k.e.d. Turning around I slid into the hot water to get some coverage.

Lucian crouched next to the tub. "Are you not coming inside?" I asked.

"Not yet." he said. "First let me take care of you."

He grabbed the soap that lay next to the tub and poured it on his hands instead of a washcloth. "Wet your hair then lean your head back."

I dipped my hair in the water and rested my head against the rim of the tub, then he began to rub the soap into my hair. He massaged my skull while washing my hair and it felt so relaxing. After rubbing for a while his hand slowly moved lower to my neck, he slowly massaged my neck with his thumbs then moved further down to my shoulders and massaged them as well.