Chapter 80: Vol2 Chapter 20

"Your highness, let me bring a physician."

Lucian shook his head and Jade's frown deepened.

"But your highness, your fever is not going down I have to do something."

"Listen to me Jade. I don't need nor do I want help. I just want to be alone."

Jade was about to protest but Lucian cut her off. "It's an order, and don't tell my sister."

Lucian had no energy to deal with Alexander's sister. He was already in enough pain. Why he was so sick he couldn't understand but he couldn't just lay here. He came here for a reason, for revenge, but got so distracted and now he was even more confused. Who was the woman that hugged him and why did she make him feel the way he did.

Despite knowing that she would only be a distraction Lucian wanted to meet her again. He had so many questions to ask.

Lucian pushed himself out of the bed with a groan. His whole body ached, then he summoned Julian with a spell that he had learned.

Julian appeared so quietly as if he had always been there in his room. "Your highness, you don't seem well. He said upon seeing his face.

"Any news from outside?" Lucian ignored his remark. He had no reason or energy to explain his condition.

"Well the citizens are not very impressed with their new king, in fact, many of them dislike him, especially the poor since he raised the taxes for them. This will be to your advantage. We have now spread some rumors that you might be alive and people seem to respond well, they have hope that you might be a better ruler than your brother."

"Good." Now he only needed to get rid of his brother but getting rid of him was not enough for Lucian. He wanted to torture him, to make his life so miserable that he would want to end it himself. He would make him beg, he would make him wish that he was already dead.

But first, he would pay him a visit.

Lucian boiled with anger upon seeing his brother sitting comfortably on the throne while ordering some servants around proudly. He didn't deserve to sit on that chair or have that crown on his head. He didn't deserve to order people around and fill his stomach while his people were starving.

"Oh look who is here. Come in." He said standing up from his seat. "How is your stay here?"

Lucian walked inside while he spoke. "I like it very much." He faked a smile.

They made their way to a table and sat down. Pierre ordered a maid to bring some snacks and then turned back to him.

"I heard you were looking for some maid who caused you some trouble?"

"Oh..." Pierre waved dismissively with his hand. "It's just some servant who needed to be punished, but we have found her so everything is fine." He said.

Found her? Lucian wanted to laugh. His brother still lied easily.

"How is the wedding preparation going?"

"Her Highness is very specific, she wants the wedding to be extravagant and I want her to be satisfied, of course."

Alexander's sister was spoiled and arrogant. She and Pierre deserved each other Lucian thought.

"But I am a little worried..." Lucian began, "I heard your brother is alive."

Pierre was about to take a sip from his wine but paused.

"Which one?" He asked.

"The youngest one."

Pierre laughed, almost nervously.