Chapter 62: Vol2 Chapter 2

"Good morning, sweet wife."

Lucian. My husband. His hair as dark as ever and his smile, brighter than the sun. He looked at me with those golden eyes filled with love.

"Where have you been. I have been waiting for you."

"I am always with, wherever you are." He smiled caressing my cheek with the back of his hand.

I leaned into him wrapping my arms around his waist but I grasped thin air. He was gone, just like that.

"Lucian?" I called carefully, fear creeping into my chest.

"Lucian where are you? Lucian? Lucian?!"

"Don't you understand? Lucian is dead. He is dead!"

I shot my eyes open. Pierre was towering over me, gazing down at me with annoyance.

"Lu...cian.." I tried to sit up but my body refused.

Pierre lay his hand on my shoulder and pushed me down gently.

"Don't exhaust yourself, let me take care of you now." He said nicely but that nice smile of

his was disturbing.

He turned to the maids. "What are you waiting for? Bring the best food you can." He ordered, "and bring her some new clothes."

I wanted to laugh. Was he now playing the caring husband? Really? I forced myself up from the bed which made me almost fall but Pierre grabbed my arms to steady me.

Disgusted I pushed him away. "Don't touch me!"

For some reason, he found that amusing. "You really are impossible. I am so going to enjoy the day you beg for my attention." He smirked.

And I am so going to enjoy the day Lucian tears you into pieces. But I didn't say that out loud as I didn't have the energy to fight. The little strength I had left I needed to use to get out of this room and far away from his disturbing presence as possible.

My legs wobbled as I stood up from the bed but I forced myself to walk. I took small steps but Pierre placed himself in front of me.

"You want to go the hard way I see."

Some maids came in with food and began to set the table,

"Take the food back. I think the princess here needs to do some more work to deserve some food. Take her back to the kitchen!" He ordered.

I didn't protest. I would rather work than stay with him.

The maids helped me to the kitchen as I could barely walk steadily but as soon as we reached they gave me a slight push and I lost my balance and fell to the ground. Laughing the left me laying there. I was used to this by now. The maids always came up with ways to torture me.

"My Lady!" I heard Ylva gasp. She hurried to help me up but I pushed her away.

"Don't! I don't need your help. I can stand up on my own."

Ylva looked at me confused and she seemed a little hurt, but it was for the best. If the other maids noticed that Lydia and Ylva were close to me they would make life difficult for them as well.

I forced myself up and looked Ylva in the eyes. "I can take care of myself from now on. Don't ever help me."

Her expression changed from confusion to worry, but she just nodded and left.

"Here!" Someone said from behind me. Turning around I found the head-maid Edith. She handed me a glass of water and a bowl of rice. "Eat then you can start with the dishes." She said then left.