Part 1 Chp 6: Taehyung, The Man Who Is Crying His Heart Out

"Wow! This is... so enormous and beautiful!" Taehyung blurted in surprise as he saw the outer castle that is bigger than their palace. Because the castle is made entirely of gold, it gleams even brighter in the sunlight.

"Little brother! Myung! Wake up, we're here!" Myung, the man who was just coerced by his older brother to join the trip, slowly opened his eyes and rubbed it so cutely that Taehyung did his utmost behavior to stop the urge of pinching his brother's cheeks.

Taehyung stole a quick glimpse at the man sitting in front of them; his expression was neutral as he looked out the window. Taehyung suddenly remembered portraying the ML's face and demeanor as an impassive who had never truly smiled. However, the MC lifted this curse and offered him his first-ever tender smile. Jungkook's most significant person is the only one he can give his own smile to and no one else, therefore, all of his rotten followers instantly burst into tears of joy and envy at this cute little protagonist.

With a mild cough, Taehyung handed his brother a tiny canteen that he had packed covertly. His brother accepted the canteen right away and drank the contents, his adam apple bouncing up and down while drinking.

The carriage came to a stop, signaling that they had arrived at their destination. Jungkook descended the carriage first and had a conversation with the butler who was patiently waiting outside for their Highness’ arrival.

With his head hung low, Taehyung chose to exit the vehicle first before his brother, who was still in the process of finishing the water in the canteen. Taehyung's still not looking up, not until he sees a hand protruding from the side in his peripheral vision—that's Jungkook's hand, waiting for him to reach it! Taehyung notices that Jungkook is giving him a serious look as he directs his gaze towards his face.

Seeing how quickly Taehyung deduced that Jungkook's hand was actually meant for his brother, he quickly grabbed his brother's right hand—which was still seated, waiting for Taehyung to get down—and held it above Jungkook's palm. He grinned mischievously at what he had done.

Brother, this is the beginning of your love story!

Despite his brother giving him a what the heck is happening look at that moment, Myung nevertheless grasped the prince's hand and thanked him afterwards.  Taehyung, following Myung, went down with his face still full of smiles and head full of rainbows and twittering birds, so he did not notice the look of dismay at Jungkook's face.

At the kingdom's entryway stood a long line of servants and royal guards, heads lowered courteously. The two brothers followed behind Jungkook with expressions that spoke nothing at all. Jungkook began to walk with pride.

Instantly upon seeing his father again, Jungkook proceeded straight to the hall where his father, the reigning monarch of the West, was standing. When the author unexpectedly assassinated Jungkook's father, so that Jungkook might become king at last, Taehyung saw that the man was also just a cannon fodder in the narrative. Additionally, the author revealed that since Jungkook's mother—the most fairest woman in their kingdom—passed away while he was still a newborn, his father has only been concerned with ruling and building up his nation so that his son can inherit it all in the future. His face has the appearance of an elderly gentleman who is still charming and kind, yet who has clearly performed many acts of valor in his youth. Given that Jungkook's parents are equally gorgeous, it makes sense that the male lead has such a striking appearance.

The MC is really so lucky to have this young man!

"Hello, father." Jungkook inclined his head respectfully.

The king said in his softest voice, "Good to see you again, son. I see that you've brought guests, are these the princes of Eastern? Welcome to the Kingdom of the West." Taehyung instantly grinned at his charming demeanor.

Kim Taehyung respectfully greeted the king and bowed his body. "Good to see you, Your Majesty. I am the first prince of the East, Kim Taehyung, and this is my younger brother, Kim Myung. I am giving my sincere gratitude for accepting us in your palace."

"Oho! I should be the one who's grateful since your nation also welcomed my son," the father monarch said, grinning at the brother's attitude and giving them both a quick pat on the shoulders. "You both are welcome to remain here for as long as you wish to do so, just notify the servants if you like anything while residing here."

Once again, Taehyung grinned and said, "Really, thank you, Your Majesty." However, the smile quickly turned into one of regret since this man—this nice and giving man—is only cannon fodder and would soon pass away.

Fuck you, author! Why did you make him so kind and kill him afterwards?

Even though Taehyung is still inconsolable at the fate of this good king, Jungkook frowned when he saw—as he's just always staring at him—the shift in Taehyung's attitude; yet, he is unable to intervene because he doesn't have the rights to do so.

But soon…

-----

Hello beautiful peeps! As usual, ignore the mistakes and thank you for reading this! It really meant a lot to me, thank you! ☺️

Speaking of, to the haters or toxic solo stanners out there. Please leave Jungkook and Taehyung alone, they don't deserve all the hates y'all are throwing at them. Taehyung stans, JK stans, Armys, and especially taekookers will always be with these two precious angels.