Part 2 Chp 22: Jungkook, With His Thoughts In Dazed.

I could hear Arya's frightened voice next to me saying, "T-Taehyung... Your hand," but my chest hurt more than my hand did.

Why am I in such pain?

Why am I feeling this way?

What is going on with me?

I noticed Myung's smile next to Jungkook's. Not just Myung, but also both the monarchs. Everyone's cheers and congrats are loud demonstrations of how joyful today's event is.

Why don't I feel the same happiness that everyone else does? Am I feeling just weird?

I finally got to my feet and looked over at the man I had been secretly admiring.

Our eyes immediately locked, but as he gradually turned to look at my bleeding hand, his expression suddenly changed to one of—what?—worry?

I swiftly walked out of the room, disregarded Arya's series of calls. It would be best for me to just leave because I suddenly feel suffocated inside this room.

My feet had precisely led me into the courtyard and to the large cherry tree when I stopped moving. In this quiet night, the tree was dancing to the breeze when I gazed up and marveled at its beauty.

I heard Jungkook's voice in my head asking, "Taehyung, where are you?" Huh? What is this? Why am I hearing Jungkook's voice?

"I beg you to respond because I'm worried… please, Taehyung?" Ah, the means of communication in this world. Sighs... I almost didn't remember that magic exists in this world. I therefore stopped the flow of magic throughout my body so that no one would be aware of or hear me on this lonely night.

"What the fuck is going on with you, Taehyung?" I yelled to myself as I collapsed to the ground beneath the tree.

"Shouldn't you be delighted that the two lovebirds are finally being married to one other?" I asked as I placed my palm on the grass, but I felt pain right away. My hand was still slowly trickling blood when I looked up.

I looked down at my bloodied hand and chuckled, "I almost forgot about you. Why the heck is my blood like this? My god." I inspected my bloodied hand and saw tiny shards of broken glass. I grinned and smiled once again as I rolled my eyes and gently wiped the glasses off of my palm with a napkin before firmly wrapping it.

I finished wrapping the napkin around my hand, closed my eyes, and looked up again. "You brought it to yourself, Taehyung, so you shouldn't even dare to cry because of the heartache."

Never before has the night been this calm...

I stood back up and took a deep breath. "Okay, stop being a drama queen and put your shit together, Taehyung!" I exclaimed. I take another look at the tree before resting my hand on my chin and reflecting on everything.

"This scene wasn't in the novel, right? That announcement of their engagement didn't even happen since they were wed voluntarily. But why the fuck did this happen? Why the fuck do these two kings made them as a peace offering for each country?" Hmm…

"In fact, ever since that scene where I insisted on coming here in this place, major things from the novel had changed. That Arya, he's the second antagonist but it suddenly feels like he'd changed, his character changed! He's still an asshole, yes, but not that novel kind of an asshole. I even met new characters I didn't even know in the novel. And finally, the forest confession practice part didn't even exist in the novel and now this engagement thing is…

I have a startling insight. No… No! No way is this happening, right?

"Did I change the entire story only by modifying this character's original persona? Did I just fucking completely change the plot of this book?"