Part 1 Chp 7: Taehyung, The Man With A Fragile Heart

The monarch eventually allowed his son and the two royal brothers to their own bedroom after they exchanged pleasantries and words of comfort, instructing them to relax for the time being and to call again at supper.

Taehyung is overcome with excitement as he sees the two main characters of his favorite book, the protagonist and the male lead, strolling shoulder to shoulder beside him as they make their way through the palace corridors. Feeling like a guy experiencing a renaissance period, Taehyung reasoned that he shouldn't let this opportunity pass him by.

"U-Uhm.. Prince Jungkook?" Taehyung whispered, not too loud but can be heard by these two men.

Jungkook's gaze immediately changed upon hearing Taehyung's call and focused his attention on him, answering him with a voice full of anomalies, "Prince Taehyung is finally calling me?"

Taehyung shudders at the abrupt ambiguity of Jungkook's statement. When he admits that he's still a little anxious about how this plot will end, he's not lying. Even though the old was gone and the new—him—had taken its place, he can't shake the unsettling sense that, at any moment, if his careless deeds caused the protagonist to cry and the male lead to become enraged, his second existence would be lost to the underworld and he would never return or be reborn again.

Haha... What a sad life of mine...

Therefore, embracing the main character's thigh and quickly getting acquainted is the finest course of action to prevent this terrible male lead from ruining and killing him in this second existence of him.

"Since there is still room for dinner, I apologize for my impoliteness but can I ask if His Highness could spare these two brothers his little time to go with us and amble through the courtyard? I noticed earlier while we're in the carriage that the scenery is gorgeous there. Of course, you are free to reject us, Your Highness." Taehyung gave a heartfelt bow as he continued to do so. Jungkook is suddenly beaming with happiness and joy, if one looks attentive at him.

Taehyung felt that Jungkook was beaming for an unidentified reason as he held his hand tenderly, "Sure, I'll be happy to take you to the courtyard. Shall we proceed?” Taehyung exuberantly nodded, nudging his younger brother's arm, who had been staring at him with a flash of emotion on his face, and strode to the front, leaving his brother and Jungkook walking side by side again. Myung is currently at the level of confusion since he still doesn't understand what's going on or why his brother is so adamant that they come here rather than just staying in their palace. However, because he loves and respects his elder brother so much and hasn't felt this vibrant lately, he just lets him be.

Walking confidently in front, like a leader leading the way, Taehyung is unaware of the looks and differing opinions he is currently receiving. Not only is he excited about his unquestionable plan, but he is also excited about the prospect of really witnessing that thing.

When they finally arrive in the palace's exquisite courtyard, Taehyung looks proudly at the enormous yet exquisite cherry blossom tree in the center of the space.

What makes him happy to see this tree?

Because everything begins with this tree. It was beneath this cherry tree when Jungkook and Myung declared their love for one another and shared their remarkable first kiss. The couple's favorite spot to relax is beneath this tree, where Jungkook gives his beloved kisses and cuddles. The couple's token of love is also the first blossom that fell that day in the season of spring.

In addition, this tree serves as Myung's final resting place; it was there that Jungkook let out a mournful weep. In addition to being the tree beneath which Jungkook regularly prostrated in sorrow over the death of his sweetheart, this tree is also where Jungkook intended to be buried—next to his beloved, forever. In this tale, Jungkook and Myung are symbolized by this cherry blossom tree.

Suddenly, my heart feels like it wants to cry…

Myung was squatting down and fiddling with some fallen pink petals, while Jungkook was just staring at Taehyung for an indeterminate amount of time. Taehyung was heartbroken by the unexpected grief this tree were causing to his already delicate heart. With a quick smile, Taehyung covered up his suffering and asked Jungkook, "This tree... How old is it?" He was genuinely curious about the history of this tree, which had seen the MC and ML through all of their love and suffering.

With a slight smile on his lips, Jungkook said, "If my memory serves me correctly, this tree has been here for almost 30 years." Taehyung nodded and took one last look at the tree before carrying out his not-so-evil plan.

"Wait, I forgot something that was placed on the carriage. Little brother, just stay here for a little while before I get that thing."

Hearing his name again, Myung raised a bewildered gaze and said, "H-Huh? What is it, hyung? Should I go with you?”

"It's... It's a thing that is vital for me!"

Jungkook said with a sour expression because he did not want Taehyung to head out. "Well, I can give instructions to the guards outside to get it or we can utilize the spatial magic?"

"I-It's okay, Jungkook! I could handle it myself, I will make my leave now to retrieve that thing!" Taehyung stammered with an embarrassed laugh while scratching his neck. Then he ran, disregarding if he called Jungkook just by name and not daring to turn around and glance back at the people behind him.

Sorry to have ditched you there, my brother, but you should also consider the positive effects of this to your love story!

-----

Oho, is Taehyung leaving just for them to be left alone or is he leaving the palace? 👀

Not gonna lie, this chapter made me feel sad :(

Anyways, thank you for your votes and for reading this story! Borahae 💜