Epilogue: The Ending of the Disaster

"Oh my God, Taehyung, you're awake at last!" Taehyung was still in a daze when he felt his friend's arms encircle him; it was clear from the abrupt moisture of his hospital shirt that she was crying.

When a doctor and nurses arrived to check Taehyung's vitals, the doctor exhaled contentedly and told Taehyung that his awakening was a miracle. They informed Taehyung that he would need to stay in the hospital for a few more days in order to be monitored before they departed.

"I already called your father and he's elated with the news and in no time, uncle will be here to see you."

"W-What happened?" Taehyung stuttered and his breathing was still heavy. It feels like he's that person who just got out of drowning from an ocean and finally gets his first oxygen after surviving.

Jennie grabbed an apple beside her and started peeling it, her expression started to get melancholy and depressed while going to that memory again, "That time, when I tried calling you but you ended it, I tried going to your dorm because I wanted to give you the volume 2 of that book, but-" Taehyung heard Jennie sniffing and her tears started to roll down from her face again before she wipes it, "Thank God we're just living in the same building, thank God I decided to go to your dorm because I found you in your bathroom... I-I found you with s-so much blood around you b-body..."

Taehyung hangs down his head and mutters a soft apology towards Jennie, because he knew how traumatic that event was to his friend but Jennie just chuckled and just pats Taehyung's head before continuing again the peeling of the apple.

"Jennie?"

"Hmm? Why?" Jennie started chopping the apple now.

"When you said that book, what book is that?" The sound of the knife chopping on the apple was abruptly stopped, Jennie's face showed a disturbed face but Taehyung is still the same, it's like he really doesn't have a clue about what Jennie's talking about.

"The book, your favorite BL story! The title of it is Succession of all Nations. Do you not remember that?" Taehyung shakes his head again and Jennie's inner heart breaks deeply.

"Him?"

"Well... When it comes to that story, you're probably the most number one fan of it, more than me, especially towards the male lead of the story, you're always yelling to me how handsome and hot he is, you've also ranting about the fucked-up scenes together with the protagonist, oh! I remember that time when the first papapa scene of the story was released, you've become so thirsty and almost fainted in excitement because of the male lead, Jeon Ju—"

"Taehyung!" A middle-aged man suddenly entered the room, his face still panicking but after seeing Taehyung, he finally sighed a deep breath.

"My son..." Taehyung's father hugged him tightly which Taehyung returned the same gesture. The father and son duo started talking, with mostly the nagging of Taehyung's father towards his son which Taehyung understood since he knew how his father suffered a lot in those times.

But Taehyung is just really grateful that he has the best support system by his side and he wouldn't wish for any more.

•••••

Days passed and Taehyung finally went back to school.

At first, he's having a hard time coping up with all his missing activities, quizzes and tests especially since he's also a graduating high school student but because of, of course, his best friend Jennie as well as his other friends who've helped him, he'd finished all the missing tasks in no time and finally, he's in the right track again.

But Taehyung still feels something...

It feels like he's missing something... or someone.

Every day, it seems like someone is shouting his name from a distance, calling his name, but when he turns to look behind him, no one is there. His breathing has become difficult and his heart feels weak every night. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but it felt like he was phoning someone he didn't even know existed.