Part 1 Chp 12: Taehyung, With The Cousin of the Crown Prince

"Just don't leave my line of sight, again." Taehyung simply nodded gently and bowed his head to comply with Jungkook's command, albeit he did so with a heavy heart.

If you desire that I never leave your sight, how can I fulfill my mission? You should not worry—I will not flee again!

With a simple sigh, Jungkook caught Taehyung's wrist, causing him to widen his eyes in response.

With Taehyung in tow, Jungkook stated, "Myung is waiting in the shooting booth." Myung is waiting patiently on the side of the booth for Jungkook and his brother to arrive.

Myung's eyes opened as he saw the two, and he hurried, eyes watering, towards Taehyung, saying, "Hyung! Where did you go? I'm frightened thinking that you left me alone!"

"It's okay, stop crying anymore, brother is now here. And Jungkook is on your side as well, right?" Taehyung sighed and gave his brother a gentle pat on the back. Myung cuddly sniffed while wiping his tears, causing Taehyung to coo at this adorable main character.

To lighten the mood, Taehyung suggested, "Should we start having fun?" with a smile. Myung laughed and nodded cheerfully before snatching Taehyung's hand and leading him toward the carousel. In silence, Jungkook follows both brothers.

When Taehyung finally arrives at the carousel, his eyes light up with delight and surprise. This is Myung's favorite ride because it's where the protagonist and the male lead had their first date together. This carousel is unique because, in addition to operating through magic, each of its horses can seat two people, giving it the perfect place for lovers of all ages to nest.

With great expectation, Myung inquired, "Hyung, should we ride one horse?" Taehyung glanced at his brother and smiled warmly, seeing how thrilled he was.

Taehyung beckoned the man who had been staring at him nonstop from the beginning, saying, "Jungkook, come here." As soon as Jungkook heard him calling his name, he moved to stand next to Taehyung.

Taehyung took Myung's and Jungkook's arm and headed toward the carousel's entrance.

"Mister, these two gentlemen are on one horse, please." Taehyung then flashed a boxy smile, but the two individuals next to him lost all facial expression as soon as they heard Taehyung's abrupt demand.

"H-Huh? Hyung?"

"Taehyung?"

"It's okay. I'm not riding that carousel and it's safer in this way since Jungkook is just on your back in case you fall, right?"

"B-But–"

"No buts, Myung. Jungkook, it's just alright, yes?" Taehyung's gaze suddenly went into Jungkook who still had a dazed expression.

"Go, go! Enjoy riding the carousel!" As a couple.

The man in charge of the carousel waited patiently for the two people to enter before opening the gate wide. Even though their conversations dragged on, he dared not cut them off since, based solely on their attire, he assumed they were aristocrats.

With a blush on his face from nervousness near Jungkook, Myung just dropped his head and approached a single horse. Jungkook gave Taehyung another quick glance before sitting behind Myung and silently followed him.

Now Taehyung is dabbing at his fake tears. He recalled how the protagonist's male lead, Jungkook, had once again rode this carousel following the passing of his significant other, Myung. His face was serious and impassive, but it was also full of fury towards the unfair world, in contrast to when he was riding with Myung, who was all smiles and kindness.

Taehyung was merely observing a tense Myung and the uninterested Jungkook from the side. Taehyung only scowled at the two's expressions, particularly Jungkook's, as he wondered when Jungkook would start putting his arms around Myung's waist, similar to what he did in chapter 83 of the book.