Extra Chp 38: Be My Consort; Seeking that Person, Where is He?

When Taehyung extended his arms and saw that no one was present next to him, he opened his eyes and sat there in a trance, trying to find Jungkook. Taehyung still refuses to think any of this; if it weren't for the fact that he woke up in his familiar bedroom, he would likely conclude that everything that had occurred was simply another one of his dreams. Just now, Taehyung realized that the bedchamber that Jungkook was occupying was the same one he had used during his initial stay at their palace—the room where he had accidentally seen Jungkook's naked body!

Taehyung made the decision to get out of bed, but as he slowly stood up, the man he had been looking for appeared through the doorway. Taehyung was unable to see well during their first meeting, which took place last night in complete darkness. However, now that it is daytime, he could properly see Jungkook's appearance that obviously has changed in those years that he's been gone.

The clothing and accessories that Jungkook is wearing now, in contrast to his days as a crown prince, are evidently tailored exclusively for him and just for him. It literally screams that he's the most powerful man standing on this world, that he's indeed, the new ruler of every land and sea, as well as creatures of this universe.

Taehyung stared at Jungkook's visage and body, growing even more stunned and confused. It's clear that he grew much more attractive since the last time he remembered him! Now, he has more clearly defined facial features and dignified eyebrows, his entire face exudes perfection, making it clear that no guy can match him in terms of beauty. Taehyung carefully looked down and his face instantly blushed at the sight. He saw how chiseled Jungkook's physique had become, with those broad shoulders, biceps, massive chest, and slim waist.

Taehyung remembered that, yes, Jungkook was taller than him but still, he'll just do a minimal effort of looking to face him but now, don't even bring up the possibility that Taehyung would have to risk his neck breaking in order to look up and meet Jungkook's eyes.

What just happened in that whole span of five years?!

“You're awake? How are you feeling?” Jungkook grinned broadly as he noticed the still-dumbfounded but adorable Taehyung, staring angrily at him from across the bed. Taehyung didn't answer, which made Jungkook sighed deeply. Taehyung's hands have definitely changed since then, but even so, this person—his soul—made him feel everything, made him feel loved beyond measure in every universe and lifetime he has ever experienced.

“Taehyung, just tell me what you like and I'll get them for you.” Jungkook said once again, kissing Taehyung's hand tenderly that made the young man on the bed flinch slightly from the sudden action. Jungkook immediately noticed it and instantly withdrew his hands from Taehyung, with a final smile, Jungkook rose up and announced his intention to leave the room once again.

Taehyung instantly realized how foolish he had been, and that he had just caused Jungkook to feel hurt and heartbroken. As a result, he stumbled to get out of bed and sprinted in the direction of Jungkook's departing figure.

The unexpected contact nearly caused Jungkook to stumble, but he soon felt Taehyung's arms enveloping him and heard his trembling voice, "J-Jungkook... I'm s-sorry, please don't be mad at me.... “I-I... I'm still a little shocked. I couldn't believe that you were here… in front of me again…”" Jungkook let out another deep sigh, turned to face Taehyung, and tightly hugged him. Jungkook's head lowering up until he landed his head on Taehyung's shoulder, smelling the familiar scent of this person who's always making him calm and clear-headed, his only solace.

“Taehyung, I'm not angry. I simply assumed that perhaps you were still feeling overwhelmed and wanted to give you some alone time but now that I reflect back on it, I really made a stupid decision. I promised myself that I'll never leave your side again so I should be the one to apologize.”