Part 2 Chp 21: Jungkook, Can You See My Bloodied Hand?

As soon as we emerged from the forest, Myung ecstatically screamed, "Hyung, hyung! You won't believe this but we're the first place winner! I'm very thrilled!" The entire guest list has returned from the forest and is seated at the expansive meal the castle has prepared. All tables are round, full of decorations and accessories. On my left is Myung, Arya to my right, and then Jungkook who's in front of me.

"Really? I'm so proud of you, my little brother!" I quickly hugged Myung while we were sitting, proud is an understatement for what I'm currently feeling for him as his brother.

I immediately heard Arya's voice in my right ear and asked, "I was the sole reason why we've won, so where's my hug, my dear Taehyung?" I suddenly felt Arya's voice in my right ear and gave him my deadliest stare but he just laughed at me and lightly pinched my right cheek.

When did this man move his chair closer to mine? He's at it again, annoying the hell outta me! He really knows how to ruin my mood whenever I'm happy. Is my furious face laughable?! Back when I was still living in Earth, many people said that I'm quite intimidating especially when they're meeting me for the first time so why it wasn't working on this fucker?!

Jungkook, who I forget is still seated in the table, said, "Congrats," without showing any emotion. Unaware, I had accidentally glanced at him, which caused him to look his eyes at me too. I swiftly averted my gaze, preferring not to look at him any longer.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

"Not that I want to but I thought you'll be the one who's going to win the first place." Arya said, voice full of pride so I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Yeah, I thought so too, since the forest is basically Prince Jungkook's home." Myung said.

"Some things just… happened." Jungkook answered shortly and I, knowing what that thing was, looked away from him.

Arya muttered, "Taehyung, I'm starving. Let's start eating." Arya's voice caused me to abandon the discomfort I was currently experiencing earlier.

I yelled at him, even rolling my eyes at him, "Why do you really like to whisper at me, huh? Couldn't you just utter all your things to me in a good, normal way of speaking?" But this Arya simply chuckled at me once more. Why was this character created by the author? What went through that author's mind when they created this pompous, idiotic character? Oh Lord, please help me.

"So?"

"If you want to start eating, just go and eat. I am not holding your mouth nor your hands for God's sake!"

"But I want to eat together with you~"

"No, Duke Arya. Eat or better, find someone who's willing to eat with yo–"

The king, Jungkook's father, suddenly reverberated across the entire chamber, "All eyes up here, ladies and gentlemen." The monarch is standing there, in the middle of the stage, clutching a glass of wine.

In a show of respect for the king of the nation, everyone put down what they were doing and paid close attention. Looking at every person in this room, the king grinned, his face as soft as ever. The speech following the banquet is about to begin.

"Thank you for your attention. Now, I would like first to congratulate the winners for our game, especially the first placer, Duke Arya of Allegro and Prince Myung of East, who finished the race in just 15 minutes." Everyone, including me of course, clapped and congratulated the duo for their successful winning. Except that I'm just clapping because of my brother and not because of this guy who's still smirking at me.

"Don't worry, you'll have your prize later, as well as Prince Richard and Marchioness Hyeri who were in 2nd place and finished the race in 19 minutes. Third placers are Duke Mark and Count Peter who finished the race in 20 minutes. Congratulations again, everyone!" Everyone in the room clapped enthusiastically again, celebrating the success of the three winners.