Chapter 1 - Parallel Circumstances

CHAPTER 1: PARALLEL CIRCUMSTANCES 

"You are ill again."

"Stating the obvious gets on my nerves." Levi grumbled, sitting on a couch, his head resting against the back of it, facing the ceiling with his eyes shut.

"Should we head out?" Zachatious asked.

"Not just yet." Levi sighed, "I shouldn't have used the damn spell incomplete. I should've known it would come back to bite me in the ass."

"When are you going to have the energy to go and find him?" Zachatious asked.

"Not sure. His presence is very distant." Levi replied.

"This is getting us nowhere. The time you have with your full health and power is shorter than the time you don't." Zachatious noted, "Killing Lucius is the only option we have in getting you back to full capacity."

"I will regain it in a few years, Zach. Don't anger me and make me regret casting the immortality spell on you." Levi said, opening his eyes to glare at his subordinate.

"My king, opening the gates is a difficult task as is." Zach continued, "With your powers at barely half their capacity, it might be impossible."

"As I have done for so many years, and as I will do for the years to come, my body will get used to the ailment, and I will be able to function as normal soon... or close enough at least." Levi said, "Until then, we stay put and start planning. You could go ahead and send out scouts to see if they could find Noah. He is always near to where Lucius is, thinking he is protecting him when in fact he is guiding us to him."

"That I have already done. One good thing out of you getting ill is that it tells us when Lucius returns. But please, never try an incomplete spell again, we don't need any more mishaps to our plans."

"Get out of my face or I will kill you, Zach. I am in no mood to hear your babbling." Levi commanded, watching Zach stare him in the eyes for a moment longer before bowing and leaving.

His plans had been cut short, through and through. The spell he casted so long ago, the one that killed Lucius when he was king, was what had him sickly, weak every time he reincarnated into a new life. He realized that after it had happened a few times. A few times, he had been bed ridden for years before he was able to at least move, searching for Lucius only to kill him again, all to be able to regain his strength, as he discovered that when Lucius was not alive, his body return to how strong it was, his power fully gained once more. Somehow the incomplete spell had linked their souls. He recalled his mentor once telling him not to use soul spells, as they were the most dangerous and unpredictable.

He sighed, laying down over the couch and closing his eyes again. He felt worn, completely drained. He couldn't wait to end it all. The immortality spell did nothing but prolong his life and a few of his followers as well. It did not stop whatever the spell he casted had caused. A few months between each reincarnation was the only time he had to work on what he had planned, but it was never enough time.

He shivered, pulling the blanket form the back of the couch to cover himself completely in an attempt to warm up. He hated the feeling of complete weakness. He was determined to get his family back and keep a promise he made. 

***

Noah sat on the armchair in his room, having turned it years ago to face the window, looking over the lake. In his hand a pen, against his legs rested his journal. It was a new one, the last one having been filled the night before. He still wrote to Lucius, less than he used to, but still did. Once a day, or every other day. It had been years, and true to his promise, Levi found Lucius, time and time again. It killed Noah, having to lose Lucius so many times over the years, so many of which had passed without him being with the one he loved.