Chapter 18 - Scars

Image: Leon's Room

CHAPTER 18: SCARS 

Blayth had walked into Lucius's room, going straight to the couch where he took a seat, all the while quietly thinking of what had happened that morning. Lucius lifted his head slightly off of Noah's shoulder, his eyes trailing Blayth until he sat down, noticing his slumped shoulders and the frown on his face. He turned back to Noah, kissed his cheek as he whispered, "I'll be right back."

Lucius got to his feet, went to where the wine bottle was, pouring two glasses before heading to the couch. He sat down next to Blayth who smiled at him when he handed him one of the glasses. "Any change with Noah?"

"No." Lucius said, taking a sip.

"Isn't it too early for wine?"

"Not when time eludes you." Lucius muttered, his eyes on the glass in his hands before he turned to Blayth and asked, "What happened?"

"What are you talking about?" Blayth asked.

"The reason you were frowning when you walked in here." Lucius replied, "Did you get in a fight with Leon?"

Blayth felt his heart race as his throat clogged up, asking, "Why would you assume that?"

"Because he is the only one who could dampen your mood." Lucius replied, watching the tense shoulder of the warrior beside him relax before he added, "And because I know you two have something going on between you."

"How could you possibly know that?" Blayth asked, his brows frowned as he looked at the table, not seeming to have the energy or will to contradict Lucius. Noah was the only one who knew, and with him entrapped under a spell he felt the need to speak to someone, especially after what had just happened, and he trusted no one like he did Lucius.

"Noah doesn't keep things from me." Lucius replied, before a bitter chuckle left him as he added, "Except things concerning our relationship."

Blayth reached over, clasping a hand against Lucius's knee in comfort as he said, "He was thinking about you when he did this."

"Doesn't make it hurt any less." Lucius said, "He could've told me his plan. He didn't even bother leaving me a note that said why he did it... or even a goodbye if he'd meant to stay asleep for the rest of the forever he'd once promised me."

"Lucius, don't think of it like that." Blayth muttered.

Lucius sighed before looking back at Blayth as he asked, "So what did Leon do?"

Blayth withdrew his hand, holding the glass between both of his own as he looked away from Lucius, saying, "Nothing much."

"You wouldn't be so upset if it wasn't much." Lucius noted.

"I am not really that upset about it." Blayth said with a shrug.

"You do remember that I could read you like an open book." Lucius said with a soft smile.

Blayth looked at him tiredly as he said, "Knew it would lead to trouble at some point."

"Might as well just tell me." Lucius added.

"When things started we'd said no one would hear about it. You were our main mission. Nothing else mattered."

"Then?" Lucius asked when Blayth stopped talking.

"I agreed to it. Because he was right. I was thinking the same. I think maybe I was the one who mentioned it first. Anyway, it has been going on for years. I promised him no feelings. It was just physical. Nothing more. Besides, I didn't want the mess that came with loving anyone, you know?"