Chapter 45 - Blood

CHAPTER 45: BLOOD 

Noah and Blayth stood opposite Liam who had papers on the table between them. Ren and Lazarus were there, with Ren standing close to Noah. Blayth had Leon at his side, holding his hand for support. Liam pointed at the first paper as he said, "This is Lazarus and Ren's. And this here," He said pointing at the other paper, "Is Ren and myself. As you can see the difference. Lazarus's is very similar to Ren's while there are barely any markers matching between Ren and I. Now here is each of yours against mine, then this one... Noah's against Blayth's." he looked at them, both frowning as they tried to understand what it meant. "Yours are too close."

"Meaning?" Blayth asked.

"Similar to Ren and Lazarus. The two of you seem to be related." Liam explained. They didn't look at each other. They thought it possible, but didn't really know if it would be true. It was a few long moments of silence before Noah's hand reached for Blayth's, grasping it tightly.

"By blood?" Noah muttered.

"That is what it means." Liam said, looking between them, not knowing if they thought it a good thing or not. "What are the odds?" he breathed.

Noah looked at Blayth, and when their eyes met he muttered, "Indeed... what are the odds?" Blayth tried to smile, but hesitated, then Noah said, "Years we've known each other. So many years, Blayth. How could we not have known this?"

"Maybe because you two don't resemble each other?" Ren muttered. "So this means Blayth is really the brother I didn't want?"

At that Blayth chuckled, looking back at her as he said, "Him and I are brothers. Doesn't relate me to you, so relax."

"If he is my adoptive brother, then you might as well be my half-brother." Ren argued.

"Your logic doesn't make sense." Blayth shook his head before he looked at Noah who hadn't looked away. "What?"

"We don't look alike." Noah repeated.

"Don't take it the wrong way. I didn't resemble our parents either." Blayth shrugged, "Brought up a bunch of questions, but nothing my parents..." Blayth paused before he said, "Our parents could explain in terms I understood."

Noah took in a deep breath at that before he said brokenly, "I don't remember them."

"You were nothing but a year old." Blayth told him.

"Why did they send me away?" Noah muttered.

"I have just as many questions, Noah, none could be answered. They aren't alive to do so." Blayth told him.

"Why did I think those people were my mother and father?" Noah asked as he turned to Lazarus.

"Perhaps because they were all you remembered? You were very young when you went to live with them." Lazarus guessed, then smiled softly at him as he said, "Take solace in learning that you still have family that is alive and well. Someone you are blood bound to."

Noah looked back at Blayth, and it only took him a moment more before he wrapped his arms around Blayth as he pulled him into a strong embrace. Blayth hesitated before doing the same, saying, "Doesn't change a thing. We became brothers the moment we set out on this mission together." Blayth was quiet for a moment before he muttered, "I wonder what mother would think if she knew we found each other?"

Noah pulled away, his hand against the side of Blayth's neck, holding him there as their eyes met before he said, "I give you the vow I made to Ren. I will protect you no matter what, even if it means I'd give my life doing so."

"I am strong enough-..." Blayth was saying when Noah cut him off.

"The fact still remains. I am your older brother, and I have years to make up for, Blayth." Noah insisted, a deep frown set on his face, "So many years to make up for."