Chapter 22 - Healing

CHAPTER 22: HEALING 

Lucius took a deep breath, loving the sting of cold fresh air as it made its way into his lungs. He felt arms wrap around him, making him lean back into them as he closed his eyes, reveling in the touch. "You will fall sitting on the ledge this way." Noah spoke, his warm breath whispering against his ear.

"I won't." Lucius replied, "It feels good."

"It's too cold." Noah said, "And too high." He added when he glanced down over Lucius's shoulder, seeing his legs moving back and forth outside the window.

"It's calming. Besides, you climbed a mountain, you don't get to say this is too high."

"I made sure not to look down." Noah said, making Lucius turn to him with an arched eyebrow, "Really. Not once." Lucius let out a breath of a laugh before he started climbing back into the room as Noah stepped back. "Did you have breakfast?"

"I did. Father said you didn't have yours." Noah said, "Why did you tell me you did?"

"I'm not hungry and I know you will make me eat." Lucius told him, smiling at him over his shoulders after he closed the window.

"Love, you only become like this when something is bothering you. What is it?" Noah asked, sitting on the armrest of the sofa.

"I just wasn't hungry. No need to make it a bigger deal than it is." Lucius said, picking up the clothes on the floor before starting to fold them.

"Those need to be washed. No need to fold them." Noah reminded, noticing Lucius's distraction.

"Oh." Lucius laughed.

When Lucius was about to pass Noah, he stopped him, grabbing his arm and pulling him closer as he asked, "It's been two days since I woke up, and you haven't been the same."

"I told you, it's nothing." Lucius insisted.

Noah's hand tightened slightly, his frown deeper as he said, "I know what you almost did."

Lucius's brows furrowed in confusion before he rolled his eyes, saying, "Blayth is exaggerating."

"It wasn't him." Noah said, "And Atrabilious doesn't lie."

"I wasn't really going to do it." Lucius argued.

Noah's eyes looked sad as he said, "Will you speak to me?"

Lucius tossed the clothes he had on the couch before he cupped Noah's cheeks firmly, saying, "I am fine."

"Lu, I know what you feel." Noah reminded him.

"Noah-..."

"You are sad. Angry."

"I'm not-..."

"Lucius, I know. Stop trying to deny it. Yell at me for it, but don't let it pile up." Noah implored.

Lucius pecked Noah's lips, grabbing his hands to unwrap them from around his arms as he said, "I am sad that I missed so much time with you. Angry that Levi got away again. Nothing you need to concern yourself with, alright."

"Lu, I worry more when I don't know why you are upset. When you act this way."

"What way?" Lucius asked, "I am the same as always."

"You are not talking to Blayth or my father. You are quieter than usual when we are together. You avoid any conversation about how you feel. This isn't you."

"Noah, drop it. I don't want to talk." Lucius said, "Instead how about you tell me what you are thinking."

"All I think about is you." Noah sighed.