Chapter 36 - Surprises

CHAPTER 36: SURPRISES

Lucius leaned over the sink, closer to the mirror as his fingers fumbled with his chin and jaw, picking up a razor from the side of the sink before he heard a chuckle, making him turn to see Noah standing there, leaning against the doorframe. Lucius's cheeks turned a dark shade of red as he demanded, "How long have you been there?"

"Long enough to understand why you have been in here for the past... what? 40 minutes?"

"Glad you could read a watch." Lucius glared.

"And here I thought something had happened to you." Noah shook his head, "You do realize we use the blade to trim hair, not run it over hairless skin."

"Shut up." Lucius glared, "I heard that using a razor would make the hair grow faster."

"I don't think it works that way." Noah said.

"How would you know, idiot? I will try and see for myself." Lucius said, pulling his skin as he ran the razor against it.

"Come on, Lu. You've never used that, you will cut yourself."

"Keep your opinions to yourself." Lucius argued.

"A beard doesn't make a man." Noah said with a laugh.

"It's not funny!" Lucius insisted, turning around to him to glare, "It's weird to be twenty and not have facial hair yet! Look! I only have like a few here..." Lucius said pointing at his jaw, "And here." He added, pointing at the other side of his face, "It's very odd. I am a man god damn it!"

Noah walked up to him as he said, "I know you are." His hand went between them, cupping Lucius between his legs, making him gasp in shock as he leaned back against the sink, Noah leaning down over him, saying, "More than anyone. By this." He said with a squeeze.

"Get off." Lucius glared, face too red for Noah to take it seriously, "I mean it. I have a blade and I am not afraid to use it." He threatened, holding it up to Noah's face.

"I don't think you would risk injuring my handsome face that you love staring at." Noah teased, wiggling his eyebrows as his hand slowly let go. He pecked Lucius's lips as he added, "Now get a shirt on and come down to the dining room for dinner."

"You are horrible." Lucius said as Noah turned around and walked away, "I hate you!" he called after him.

"No you don't." Noah said over his shoulder, laughing as he left the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

"Idiot." Lucius grumbled as he placed the razor down, sighing before he splashed water on his face and went to wear something before going to the kitchen. He took out a shirt from the drawer, staring at it for a moment before putting it on with a sigh. He was utterly exhausted, praying that what Edmur had said about his memories being fully restored was true and that he would finally sleep blissfully that night. He glanced at the full-length mirror by the cupboard, taking in his appearance. Dark circles covered the underside of his eyes, and his cheeks were sunk in from the lack of food since he lost his appetite, too tired to eat. He brushed his fingers through his hair a few times to try and tame it, but it refused to cooperate, so with a sigh, he turned around and left the room.

He sighed again, perhaps for the tenth time from when he started heading to the kitchen, pushing the door open only to stop in his tracks, startled as everyone screamed, "Happy birthday!" his eyes scanned the room, half were in the kitchen, the other half in the dining room, all eyes on him. It took him a moment to get over the shock before he let out a laugh, his eyes going back to Noah standing near the counter.

"What is all this?"

"Birthday surprise." Noah said as Lucius walked up to him, Noah meeting him halfway, Lucius's arms wrapping around his waist before he rose on his toes to kiss Noah who then said, "Happy birthday, love. Welcome to immortality." Lucius laughed again, turning to the rest with a smile.