Chapter 11 - Unforeseen

CHAPTER 11: UNFORESEEN

Noah felt the energy of the spell course through him, one he'd learnt so long ago from Emerson, having taught it to him before he died. He'd warned him to be careful with it, and the amount of power he used. He could sense it draining him fast, feeling the magic in Lucius's blood through the vial he held between his hands, spilling the blood over the emerald stone of the ring, holding it in his hands as the glow of his power around it as he poured more into it. His hands shook, his head aching with concentration as the spell tried to stop Levi's, which was becoming stronger by the second.

His eyes drifted up, locking on the gates that started to part open, making him increase the energy he was using, forgetting the warnings he'd been given. It was either that or risk Levi's plans coming into fruition. He knew that if he was attacked at that moment, that he wouldn't even know it. He was defenseless, and powerless. Just then he saw Lucius, raising his sword with his uninjured arm before bringing it down against Levi who reacted almost instantly by drawing his own against him. He felt the shift, as Levi's focus was interrupted, but then it started building once more.

Noah panted for breath as he watched Lucius try to fight Levi, their swords clashing and Levi shoving Lucius away before his chanting started again. He watched Lucius get back up on shaky legs, advancing against Levi again, trying to stop him without giving up even with his disadvantage. His father was keeping the warriors from reaching Lucius, he himself struggled as he tried to give Lucius a chance to keep trying. Noah's heart started beating faster, with both worry for Lucius and strain from his spell.

Noah gasped, crumbling to his knees as he panted, the spell he was chanting stopped as a sudden power overwhelmed him. "No..." he mumbled, seeing the glow of the ring start to dim, making him look to see Lucius on his knees, panting as he clutched his side, glaring at Levi who seemed to return his full attention towards opening the gates, which only took a few minutes longer before they were completely ajar.

The knight watched in horror as something seemed to come out of the forsaken gentler of ruin, his eyes wide as he witnessed a man struggle out before falling, taking in deep gulps of breath before starting to laugh like a maniac. His black hair a mess atop his head, splatter of blood on the man's face, barely dried, his eyes as blue as Levi's and his body was as strong as his as well, muscular, powerful biceps, tall with wide shoulders, covered in battle armor, ones that haven't been used in centuries.

"Finally!" He exclaimed as he sat up, looking around, still panting as if he was running.

"Uncle..." Noah glanced at Levi, watching him smirk in satisfaction as he walked towards the man, helping him to his feet. Everyone stared in shock, not expecting the mage he'd been trying to free so long to be a relative of his.

Lazarus couldn't contain his surprise at the turn of events, even more so the moment a loud slap resonated around them as Levi was backhanded across the face. "Took you long enough."

Levi's head wiped to the side at the strong hit he wasn't expecting, turning back to glare at the man. "Well it wasn't easy now was it? With those maggots getting in my way at every turn."

"So which one is the Delafontaine heir?" the man asked, turning to look around him once more, guessing the blood of one would be needed to open the gates, not knowing that Levi had found another way.

Levi walked up to Lucius, gripping his hair as he dragged him to his feet, making him hiss in pain as his hair was pulled from the roots. "Bastard, let go!" Lucius yelled.

"Just as foul-mouthed as the rest of them." The man mumbled as he walked towards Lucius, gripping his chin, "Are you the son of King Nicholas?" Instead of an answer, Lucius spat at him, which the man backhand him for, making Lucius yelp at the pain of both the slap and the hair being ripped out of his scalp. "Insolent child." He seethed as he wiped his face with his sleeve.