Chapter 48 - Overwhelmed

CHAPTER 48: OVERWHELMED

It was two weeks later that Lucius knocked on Blayth's door who opened it a moment later, a frown of concern on his face when he saw the tears falling down his face, asking, "What happened?"

"It's too much..." Lucius mumbled, sobbing. Blayth placed a hand on his shoulder, leading him inside, only for him to collapse next to the door, covering his face as he started crying.

"Lucius, explain please. What is too much?" Blayth asked, kneeling beside him, but Lucius couldn't say anything through his tears. After he'd calmed down somewhat, Blayth asked him again.

"I heard him speaking to Leon." Lucius told him, now leaning against the wall, his knees drawn to his chest while Blayth sat next to him. He sniffled, wiping his tears with his sleeve but they kept falling. "He said he's going out for a drink. He is going to see Rob again."

"Lucius." Blayth sighed, a hand rubbing against his back, "You wanted this, remember?"

"He was mine." Lucius cried, wrapping his arms around his knees, "He was... he was, and I thought I could take it. It's for him, I keep telling myself that, but I can't. I can't let go. I love him so much, it hurts. Oh god, it hurts." Lucius wept, a hand against his chest, "It feels like I'm suffocating."

"It will ease with time." Blayth comforted, "Or you could just tell him."

Lucius shook his head, muttering, "He finally found someone. He finally accepted being with someone else. I will not take it away from him... I won't... but I need you to keep reminding me. I need you to stop me when I can't do it anymore." Lucius shut his eyes tightly as he whispered brokenly, "He had asked me to marry him the last time I was alive, and it is killing me now. It's killing me to know that we could've had it all."

"Listen-..." Blayth started saying but stopped when he heard a knock on the door.

"Blayth, is Lucius in there?" Noah's voice came through the door, making Blayth glance at Lucius.

"Don't tell him. Please..." Lucius begged, making Blayth nod in defeat as he got up.

Blayth opened the door, asking, "Why?"

"He is upset." Blayth frowned, worried for a moment that he might've heard them, "I can feel it." He then glanced past Blayth, seeing Lucius sitting next to the door, making him push it open. "What happened? What's wrong?" he asked.

"Noah, stop it. It's nothing, he just had some memories return to him."

Noah looked at Blayth for a moment before he pushed the door more, moving past Blayth before kneeling in front of Lucius, cupping his cheeks as he demanded, "Why are you crying?"

Lucius tried to push his hands away, but Noah wouldn't let go. "I'm fine."

"You're not. What happened? What did you remember?" Noah demanded.

"My father." Lucius said, not wanting to admit anything, "I remembered Timothy. How he died." Lucius lied, having had that memory return to him a while back.

"Lucius, tell me the truth. Did you remember me?" Noah asked, hope, almost desperation in his voice.

"No." Lucius said, "And stop touching me. It feels weird." Lucius said, his heart aching more whenever they touched, igniting that feeling in him, the one made stronger by their bond.

Noah sat back on his legs, frowning at Lucius as he said, "It doesn't make sense. Why do you remember everyone else and not me?"

"How should I know?" Lucius asked him, reaching up to wipe his eyes that were now tearing up at how broken Noah sounded by his statement, "I thought you were going out."