Chapter 9 - The Journey

CHAPTER 9: THE JOURNEY

Noah couldn’t sleep, his mind riddled with thoughts of how things might go during the battle. He finally gave up on sleep, grabbing a book from the nightstand, one he thought he wouldn’t write in when Lucius was around, but he couldn’t help it, not wanting to burden Lucius more with his concerns. Lucius had again snuck into his room, thinking he was asleep, getting into the bed next to him. He smiled, but kept his distance, knowing that Lucius hadn’t regained his memory of them together yet, not physically so he didn’t want to push him. He’d been insisting on sleeping in his own room, but then Noah would wake up to find that he’d managed to get into bed without alerting him sometime during the night.

He sighed, lighting a candle before he opened the notebook and started writing. He was so deep in thought as he wrote, only startled from it when Lucius gasped, making him glance towards him, seeing a drop of sweat fall down the side of his face, his eyes wide and face crimson.

“Are you alright?” Noah asked, watching Lucius take in a deep breath before nodding slowly, turning to his side facing away from Noah. He didn’t ask any more questions, leaving him to his own thoughts as he went back to writing. Finishing the page, he placed the book on the nightstand before glancing at where Lucius was, frowning when he noticed him trembling.

Lucius had another memory, leaving his heart beating frantically. He reached up, touching the spot that felt like it would tear through and his heart would beat its way out of his chest. He tried taking calming breaths, but nothing worked, the memories so fresh, vivid in his mind. He felt the bed shift, making him take another breath before he asked, “Did you find someone like I told you to?”

Noah tilted his head to the side as he asked, “Find someone for what?”

“To love. Someone when I wasn’t here for you.”

Noah let out a breath of a laugh as he said, “Are we going to have this conversation every time you return to me? Hopeful it’s the last though…” he mumbled the last part to himself.

“Did you?” Lucius asked once more. 

Noah settled down further in the bed, his head against the pillow as he stared at the ceiling before he said, “Do you remember the full conversation, or just part of it?”

“Not sure.” Lucius replied, his eyes glued to the railing outside the window.

“Did you remember how I told you that I never would? That all I ever thought about was you, so it was not possible?” Noah asked.

“Mhmm..” Lucius hummed.

“My answer is still the same. Never have I thought of it, nor will I. Besides, I have you now.” Noah said, closing his eyes only to open them when Lucius shifted, turning around before his fingers touched Noah’s jaw, tilting his head towards him before his lips touched his, kissing him breathless. “What was that for?” Noah breathed, his eyes falling on Lucius’s, seeing the hunger in them before the latter shifted, straddling Noah’s waist. “What’s gotten into you?” he asked, but Lucius didn’t know how to answer, instead lowered himself to rub his hardness against Noah, making the knight’s gaze darken. “Lu-…”

“Don’t ask …” Lucius breathed, “Just kiss me, alright… just-…” Lucius was interrupted when Noah gripped the back of his head, pulling him in for a kiss, turning them around until he was on top of him, moaning as his hand gripped Lucius’s hip while he rocked against him, creating much needed friction and in a second, Noah was just as hard as he was.

Noah pulled away for a breath before he asked, “Lu, are you sure you are ready for this?”

Lucius breathed out, nodding as he closed his eyes, a small breathless chuckle leaving him as he said, “I remember it… all of it… and it’s… my heart is beating so fast…” Noah smiled before he kissed Lucius’s chin, down his neck, “I love you, Noah… so much…”