Chapter 47 - Another

CHAPTER 47: ANOTHER 

The next day Lucius sat in the library on the ground, a notebook and a pen in hand as he scribbled down into it, a thoughtful frown on his face every now and then. Tobias was lying down with his head in Edmur's lap as the seer read a book, while Tobias had his eyes closed, intending to nap for the afternoon after an especially painful duel with Leon.

"Oh, yeah..." Lucius muttered, writing something else down before he looked to the ceiling in thought, then his eyes landing on Edmur as he asked, "Did I ever incarnate as a girl?"

Tobias chuckled before opening his eyes, turning to his side as he looked at Lucius's curious eyes. "Two or three times. Never was alive for long enough to come and be with us, but Blayth couldn't help but joke about it."

"He's a moron." Lucius grumbled before his eyes landed on the paper in front of him, his lips pressed before a blush crept on his face, "I can't believe I was a girl. It's not funny Tobias." Lucius said annoyed with the alchemist's continued laughter.

"It is, kind of." Tobias said, chuckling before he asked, "What are you writing anyway?"

"What I looked like in my previous lives... at least what I remember." Lucius answered.

"Why?"

"Because..." Lucius sighed, "I hate how my appearance continues to change with time. It's..." Lucius shook his head as he brought the pen back to the paper, "I don't want to talk about it."

"You sure managed to make that idiot fall for you every time." Tobias said.

"Huh?" Lucius looked at him with a frown, trying to not break his plan and keeping them in the dark about him remembering.

"Toby, shut up." Edmur mumbled, placing his book on Tobias's head and making him groan.

"What idiot?" Lucius asked, watching Tobias close his eyes, a small smile on his lips.

"Nothing." Tobias sighed.

***

Lucius was washing a dish he used for the vegetables he was cutting, humming as he did so. He suddenly froze, the dish falling with a loud sound into the sink but by a miracle not breaking as he gasped the moment he felt a body pressed against his back, arms trapping him on either side of him as they held onto the counter. He felt the warm breath against his skin before he heard the words that asked, "Do you really not remember me?"

Lucius felt his heartbeat race in his chest, and as much as he wanted to calm it, he knew he couldn't. Not with Noah so close. Not with the bond they shared. He pressed his eyes shut, taking in a deep breath through his nose to calm himself. He wanted to scream that he knew him, and that he loved him, but he didn't feel it was right, not fair to Noah, so he held back as he composed himself before saying, "Why would I lie?"

"I don't know, you tell me." Noah replied.

Lucius bit his lip hard before he managed to turn around, but Noah didn't move away, making them almost completely pressed against each other if Lucius wasn't leaning backward over the sink, furthering their lips apart, but even as he did so, his eyes fell on the lips he was so intrigued to kiss, to worship. He forced his eyes away, forced himself to hold back any feelings as he glared at him, the sweet feeling of his breath against his face making goosebumps rise on his skin but he hid it as he said, "You are in my space."

"Answer me and I leave you alone." Noah challenged.

"I said I don't remember you. Why don't you tell me why I should?" Lucius asked with an arched eyebrow, a hand over Noah's chest as he pushed against it lightly.