Chapter 28 - 910 Years Long

CHAPTER 28: 910 Years Long 

"Noah, I truly, honestly, with all of my heart love you." Lucius said before sticking another chocolate coated strawberry in his mouth, making Noah roll his eyes as they walked out of the store with Leon on their heels.

"Where's Wyatt?" Leon asked, looking up and down the street before walking around a bit, thinking maybe he went to another store. "Do you see him?" Leon asked Noah when he got back to them.

"No. Maybe he went to the car." Noah said, his eyes scanning the crowds.

"I will go-..." Lucius said, frowning as someone walked out of the alleyway holding the bag which had Cylus's gift sticking out of it. "Noah, look."

Noah didn't hesitate in marching towards him, grabbing him by the collar of his clothes before shoving him against the store's wall. "Where did you get this?"

"I bought it!" The man exclaimed.

"Liar! Tell the truth or lose your life." Noah threatened. The man gulped, trembling as he shoved the bag at Noah.

"Take it! Take it!"

"Where did you get it?!" Noah asked again.

"A man! He is unconscious in the alley!" He pointed behind him, fearing for his life.

"Thank you." Noah spat, shoving him against the wall roughly as he let go of him, taking the bag from him as they rushed behind the store, finding Wyatt against the ground where Lucius hurried to his side, pulling him into his arms as he tried to wake him up.

"He's breathing..." Lucius sighed, tapping his cheek to wake him up, "Come on, Wyatt, open your eyes." Noah knelt on his other side, a hand over his head as he spread his power, checking if he was alright.

"He is not injured." Noah said.

"Then why is he unconscious?" Lucius asked, but looked back at the mage when he groaned, his eyes slowly opening. "Wyatt? Are you alright?"

"Headache..." Wyatt muttered, sitting up.

"What happened?" Leon asked, sitting in front of him.

"What happened with what?" Wyatt asked, glancing around at their confused faces. "Where are we?"

"We are in the alley behind the candy store. We found you unconscious here. What happened?" Noah asked him.

"I..." Wyatt muttered, gripping his head as he thought about it for a moment before saying, "I don't know. I remember you all going into the store, but nothing after that."

"Does anything hurt?" Lucius asked him, concerned.

"Only a slight headache." Wyatt muttered.

"Alright. Alright, then let's go back. I would feel better if Liam checked you." Lucius said, helping him up.

"I'm fine." Wyatt assured him when he kept an arm around him, "Really. As odd as this is, I don't feel like anything is wrong."

"That's good. Cylus will kill us if anything happens to you on our watch." Lucius gave him a small smile.

"I can handle Cy." Wyatt laughed quietly, walking with them back to the car.

Liam checked Wyatt when they were back, comforting them that there was nothing wrong with him. Cylus then took Wyatt with him, telling him to get dressed in something nice before he walked him outside where the sun had started setting candles around a blanket that had a few dishes prepared for their dinner.

Wyatt chuckled, smiling at Cylus as he muttered, "This is sweet."

"I would hope so." Cylus laughed, settling down beside Wyatt, serving both of them before he fed Wyatt from his plate, laughing and chatting as the night passed by, Lazarus bringing out the cake for them making Wyatt smile widely as Cylus handed him a fork, both eating directly from the cake they had baked.