Chapter 17 - Confessions

Image: Noah's Room

CHAPTER 17: CONFESSIONS

Noah stood behind the bathroom door, a frown on his face before he finally took a breath and pushed the slightly open door further, quietly his eyes landed on Lucius, standing in front of the mirror above the sink, his hand caressing his neck where the bruise was darkening, but then it faltered against a darker bruise, just above the one that tried to strangle the life out of him, one that was a result of Noah loving him. He smiled as he touched it, then the one under it, a bit not clear with the one wrapped around his neck.

"I hurt you..." Noah breathed, his eyes not on Lucius, but his naked back as well as his legs. He had just finished bathing, having on only his underwear as Noah walked up to him, his hand touching Lucius's thigh where a bruise was showing from the edge of the only article of clothes he wore.

"I'm fine..." Lucius replied just as quietly, his eyes on Noah through the mirror, feeling his hand against the side of his thigh.

"Have you not seen these?" Noah asked, his hand moving further to Lucius's waist, "Or these?" then to another dark spot as Lucius frowned, turning to try and see what Noah saw before he added, "Even your shoulders... your arms..." he said, his fingers tracing the marks he'd left.

"Huh... didn't notice."

Noah leaned forward, his lips pecked Lucius's shoulder before he pressed his forehead to it, "How could you say that? How could you forgive me?"

"First of all, these were from when we were making love, so I don't mind them really." Lucius said, his hand touching the back of Noah's that were now against the sink, trapping him there. "Second of all, you are not allowed to apologize for that. I loved every moment of it. Chocking me on the other hand... well, we will just have to work harder on your control. The locket thing worked, maybe we could try other things-..."

Lucius was interrupted when Noah's hands slammed against the sink side, making him jump before the same hands were wrapped around him, holding him close. His tense body relaxed the moment he felt Noah's arms surrounding him. "You can't fix this with words... I tried to kill you..."

"You weren't yourself..." Lucius whispered, his arms wrapping around Noah's, "It's alright. Stop beating yourself over it."

"I can't control it, Lu..." Noah whimpered, "I am afraid of it now more than ever. God... I tried to kill you..." Noah repeated, as if not believing his own words, "I actually felt your life slipping from your body as..." A sob interrupted him, swallowing thickly to stop any more that threated to rip from his throat.

Lucius's shoulders slowly dropped, his eyes falling to the arms around him, he wasn't sure what to do at that point. Noah was right, words only did so much, and he couldn't imagine what he would feel like if he ever tried to kill Noah, shuddering at the mere thought.

"I love you." Lucius muttered, feeling Noah's arms tighten around him, "I am not going anywhere any time soon." He said, "Nothing has happened and nothing will happen. I trust you."

"You shouldn't." Noah breathed, feeling Lucius as he pulled away from his arms, turning around before his hands were holding onto his face, making his teary eyes look directly in Lucius's.

"Look, I don't care what you say, it is as it is. You can sense what I feel, so do that. You know more than anyone what is going on inside my heart." Lucius said.

"How? After all I have done to you, how could you possibly trust me?" Noah asked.

Lucius smiled at him lovingly as he said without another thought, "Because... you are my Noah."