Chapter 16 - Uncontrollable

CHAPTER 16: UNCONTROLLABLE

Lucius made his way to the double doors of the balcony, entering the library from where he was in the backyard, picking fruits from the garden. He had felt something through his bond to Noah, felt as he was slowly slipping into a darkness that had started within him the moment he'd unleashed his true powers. He grabbed the small basket filled with strawberries, told Atrabilious and Leon he was going inside before he made his way to Noah. He walked up to the couch where he sat, seeming in his own mind as he stared outside the balcony windows at the lake. Lucius tried to ignore the look in his eyes as he made his way to him, straddling his legs before settling down, about to fall when he sat but Noah's hands grabbed onto his waist.

Lucius smiled at him as he held the basket between, his eyes returning to the sweet fruit in it before grabbing one just as Noah asked, "What are you doing?"

"Enjoying my strawberries." Lucius answered, biting into the red berry, suckling on its juice before he started chewing. He then looked into Noah's eyes, his smile widening as he noticed them locked on his lips. "Want some?" Lucius asked innocently as he held what was left of his strawberry to Noah's lips, watching him take a small bite without looking away from him. "They are the most delicious I've had."

"You say that every time." Noah replied.

"No. These are different." Lucius insisted, grabbing another as he tossed the stem into the bowl, "When they're picked from the garden out back, they taste more delicious than any other strawberries."

"You're biased." Noah mumbled.

"Maybe." Lucius said, leaning forward to touch the tip of his nose to Noah's before leaning back, "But your magic is amazing." Lucius added, "Everything seems better when you create it."

"Biased." Noah repeated, his stoniness finally breaking as a small smile touched his lips. Lucius noticed how the smile wasn't one that reached Noah's eyes, but instead of showing his disappointment he offered him the rest of his strawberry again, but this time Noah pushed his hand away before grabbing onto the nape of Lucius's neck as he whispered against his lips, "Rather taste them from your lips." Lucius chuckled before parting his lips as he deeply kissed Noah, and even as they parted, Noah dragged his tongue against Lucius's bottom lip, savoring the sweetness of them.

"You should find a room." Tobias commented from where he sat on the armchair in the library, sipping on his wine as he watched Edmur quietly read one of his many books.

Lucius glanced over his shoulder before wincing when he felt Noah's fingers tugging at his hair, looking back to see his eyes glaring at Tobias, the blue iris slowly starting to change color to red, the blood shade spreading from the outer lines of it and starting to take over the brilliant sapphire. "You dare interrupt us." Noah said coldly, which had Lucius's hands slip against his neck as he let the basket rest between them, making Noah's eyes meet his.

"Noah, no one can interrupt." Lucius insisted, smiling at him, "Nothing could come between us, remember?" Noah stared at him for a long while before he finally blinked, his eyes mismatched once more which had Lucius lean close, pecking his nose as he said, "Your father said we should start training again. He apparently didn't like how I did in our last battle. Would you train me this time?"

"No one else is going to train you again." Noah said surely, but Lucius didn't argue, feeling it wasn't the time to do so. He glanced at Tobias once he got to his feet, seeing the alchemist stare at Noah cautiously, as if waiting for him to lose control. When Lucius's eyes met Tobias's, he tilted his head in the smallest of nods, as if to tell him that he's got it before he grabbed Noah's hand after placing the fruit on the low table, dragging the mage behind him into the back yard.