I'll Keep You Safe

Hunter's POV

     I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes, I looked around and saw that I wasn't in my room but rather I was in the Owl House. Then it all came back to me, the memories of early this morning with everyone coming to my rescue and me cleaning Edric's cut on his face. I was free, well as free as I can be, for sure Belos will put out wanted posters for me, but he won't be able to use pictures of me. The pictures will have to be of the Golden Guard since no one actually knew who I was, besides the people in the castle.

I sighed a breath of relief and then turned to my side where Edric was sleeping peacefully, he is so cute and for sure now he is my knight in shining armor. I slowly got up from where I was sitting as to not wake up Edric, and I made my way to my bag and grabbed some food for Flapjack, he must be starving. I saw Flapjack sitting on the windowsill, so I walked up to him and said "Hey, Flapjack. Are you hungry?" I said as I set a small bowl of bird food in front of him. I watched as he ate and I couldnt help but smile because we were finally out of that horrible place.

I left Flapjack to eat and drink his water, and I made my way back over to Edric since I saw that he was starting to wake up. "Hey your up already?" He said as he yawned, "Yea, Flapjack needed to eat." I smiled as I sat down next to him. My stomach started growling, I guess I haven't really eaten since yesterday morning. Edric laughed and said, "It looks like you also need to eat." I laughed "Yea, I guess so." Edric stood up and reached out a hand to me, "Care to join me in the kitchen?" I gladly accepted his hand and then we went to the kitchen to find something to eat.

Since everyone else seemed to still be asleep, Edric and I rummaged in the fridge and the cabinets for something to eat. "How about some cereal?" He asked, "Yea, sounds good." As Edric grabbed the cereal, I grabbed two bowls and some milk. I set down the bowls and Edric poured some cereal and milk into both of them, then I grabbed two spoons for us to eat with. We both sat down and started to eat, "Wait, aren't you allergic to dairy? He smiled and said "Yea, but I don't think this little bit of milk is going to hurt me." {You sure about that bud? Coming from a fellow person who is allergic to dairy, it might hurt just a bit.}  I smiled and said "Ok, then."

After breakfast, Edric was complaining about his stomach hurting and all I told him was "I told you so." He then playfully stuck his tongue out and laughed, "Yea whatever." I rolled my eyes and we decided to go and take a walk around the backyard, as we were walking I stopped and asked Edric if we could sit on the floor, he said yes and so we did just that. Edric was looking up at the sky when I turned to him and said "Edric, back to our conversation earlier, what happens if Belos finds me?" 

Edric took a deep breath and grabbed my hand in his, and he turned to face me, "I will never let him lay another hand on you, and I will never let him get to you ever again. I promise, and I promise to always protect you, I will forever keep you safe because you are one of the most important people in my life." I could feel tears welling up in my eyes, "I Love You, and I promise to always keep you safe as well, no matter what." He smiled and gently kissed me. We then laid back in the grass and continued to hold hands while watching the clouds pass by.

Authors Note: I hope you liked the chapter, I just wanted to say thank you for 300 likes on the story, and also, I wanted to say that I do have a Tiktok and Instagram where I post edits and this story on, my username is the same for both of the socials its GoldricXLumity99 if you want to check them out, thank you. Have a nice Morning/Afternoon/ or Night.

My Golden Eye Boy {Goldric}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें