Dad's New Place

Edric's POV

     I sat in my room doing my homework, when there was a knock at the door. I got up from my chair and walked over to open the door to my room, there I saw my dad standing with Em and Amity, "Edric, I have somewhere that I want to show you and your sisters." I said ok, and we all made our way downstairs and out of the house.

After a few minutes of flying, we finally made it to this small house on the other side of town, it I had also noticed that it was close to the castle as well. We hopped off of our staffs and stood in front of the house, "Why are we here?" I asked, "Well, kids, this is my new home." I looked at the house once more and said, "It looks nice." He motioned for us to follow him inside, so we did.

"Let me show you your rooms." Em and I were walking side by side, while Amity was walking ahead of us with our dad, we had passed by a few photos that he had put up of us already, but Em and I stopped when she came across one of him and Darius. Em pointed to the photo and said, "I told you so!" I laughed and continued walking down the hallway to the first room that dad was showing us. "Now this will be your room Amity, and when you come to stay with me you can decorate it however you want." He smiled at her, and she smiled back and said, "Thanks'".

We weren't really allowed to decorate how we wanted at our house, mom always said that being yourself was overrated and we all needed to be perfect, which to her meant not having an ounce of our own personality's on our walls at home. I never really liked that rule, and im glad to ditch it once were living with our dad for the summer. "And over here we have Em's room." We walked across the hall to another semi medium room that also had a bed and a dresser in it.

Then we walked to the room next to Emira's, "This is your room Ed." I walked inside and looked around at the empty walls and all I could imagine is what I could put on these walls that for once were my own, I would put pictures of Hunter and I all around, and pictures of my sisters and I, and some of dad and I. I could finally make my room my own. I couldnt wait to come here for the summer, then Hunter and I could see each other whenever we wanted, and I didn't have to hide our relationship because my dad already knew and approved of us.

I could finally have Hunter meet my dad, "I love it, thanks. I can't wait t come back for the summer." He laughed and said, "I can't wait to have all of you here for the summer. One more thing, I think we all need to have a meeting in the living room. There's something, I need to tell all of you." Em and I looked at each other because we were pretty sure we knew what it was, so we all took a seat in the living room and listened to what our dad had to say.

"So, kids as you know your mother and I are getting a divorce, and that it was my decision." We all nodded our heads waiting for him to continue. "Well, there was more to the story than that. You see, I met someone. Well, more like I knew someone already." "So, you're with someone new?" I asked trying to act like I didn't already know who it was. "Yes, and you all know them, they are a very good friend of mine, and well its Darius." Em tried to look surprised, but in the end she couldnt help but crack and started laughing.

"Why are you laughing Em?" "Because Edric and I knew already." He looked kind of shocked, so did mittens. "More like Em knew and then told me a few days ago." Amity looked at him and said, "Do you love him?" He smiled and said, "Yea, I do." She smiled back at him and said, "Then im happy for you." She then got up and hugged him, and then both Em and I did the same thing. 'Thank you for not being angry with me." "Why would we be angry at you, you're doing what you need, to be happy. As long you are happy dad, that's all that matters." I said while still hugging him.

"Thanks' kids. Now who wants pizza for dinner?" We all raised our hands while laughing. Then we headed out to get some pizza for dinner. Mabey all of this won't be so bad after all.

Authors Note: Thank you so much for 8k reads, I appreciate it so much. Sorry for not updating, as I said before my grandmother is currently in the hospital and has been in there for over a week now, so my family and I have been dealing with a lot lately. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always have an amazing Morning, Afternoon or Night. Also have an amazing weekend.