𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 2

The word shock would be an understatement.

Out of nowhere, ashi bursted into fits of laughter thinking the man in front of her was joking. Atleast tried cracking one.

And her being the one who will never make the person in front of her feel bad about anything, be it not laughing on their lame attempts on jokes, started laughing.

"That was a good one, sir. You almost had me" Ashi said breathlessly once she came to her normal self.

And ishan, who was watching ashi from a distance felt like punching something. He hated the beings who laughed and smiled at anyone and anything.

"But I think you should work on your dialogue delivery. You almost seem serious" Ashi suggested causing ishan to bring out his infamous scowl on his face.

Smile on her face never leaves as she blinks at ishan.

Irritation flares in his chest at seeing how his words that weren't a joke were taken as one. And also her smile.

That damn smile was diverting his attention.

"Do you think I'm a kind of person that jokes?" Ishan questioned ashi in return, ashi's smile falters at the tone her boss used.

"No. Do you think I'm a kind of person who will get engaged to anyone easily? " It was ashi's turn to throw a question at ishan.

Ishan groans mentally. He knew it was going to be difficult but this difficult? He was on the verge of losing his shit.

Ashi knew herself and was mostly known for her self confidence in a room full of people. She knew who she is talking to but also was aware of her own position in the company.

No matter how much full of life she was, she knew when to get serious and when to talk back.

"Listen to me first" Ishan interrupted before ashi continues. Being a son and a brother, He knew how to deal with women.

Ashi gave him a chance to explain and waited for him to go on just by taking a deep breath and nodding once.

She observed ishan closely. The way his lips work while he's talking. His face that is perfectly chiseled and uniquely thick brows and a full beard. In short ashi found him beautiful.

"I am in a urgent need of a fake fiance. And It would be a great help if you give your one month to me. "

Ashi was confused because this was not the way people request. If she has to request someone firstly, her eyes would start watering making it even more dramatic and she'll never stop saying thank you and please again and again.

Ishan, after completing his sentence watches as the lady in front of him is thinking. Thinking hard about something he has no idea about.

Never in his life he uttered the word 'please' or 'sorry' from his mouth. He always got what he wanted or if not, he had enough money to change things so that they're in his favour.

"There are so many other women you can easily get, sir. I'm sorry but I'm not interested in this" Ashi rejected him politely thinking he would let go.

Not only ishan felt agitated for this, he took it as a blow to his ego that someone on this earth finally had the balls to reject him.

What ashi didn't know was, ishan was a man on a mission. He made it his goal to convince her.

"Ashi, see I know there are many girls who can do this but i have my own reasons. " Ishan replies, it was taking everything in him to control the groan that was rising from his throat.