𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 43

As if ishan getting shot wasn't enough of a blow to my face, he had to wake up acting like he doesn't remember anything, just to make things worst for me.

But i understand that he is high on anesthesia and that's why I let him speak whatever he wants.

His heart beat picked up when he opened his eyes and his gaze fell on me.

I don't know if that should be considered as the best thing that has ever happened to me because I actually saw someone's heart skip a beat after seeing me.

"Hello, ishan. " I run a hand on his arm and let him soak the warmth of my palm on his skin.

"You're gorgeous. " He speaks, his words a little slurry.

A chuckle is heard and I turn to look at Kabir who is shaking his head, his gaze fixed on the tiles under his feet.

"How are you feeling? "

"Who are you? " Ishan points a finger at me, motioning for me to come closer to him and I take a step forward.

"Do you think you can be my wife? " His heart bear picks up again and a chuckle leaves my lips.

"You said you are my friend. Can you ask her if she can marry me? " Ishan points to Kabir and motions towards me not raising his hands above a certain level because of weakness and numbness.

Kabir follows me and walks towards the other side of ishan and just smiles at him.

"You already have a wife, buddy. " Kabir makes his point and shakes his head in fake sadness.

My smile grows wider with each moment and this should be recorded.

I pull my phone out and start recording.

"What? Why do I have a wife? I want to have her as my wife. Can I marry twice? " Ishan blinks up at him and kabir sighs nodding at him.

"I'm going to give him so much shit for this. " He takes his phone out and records him while ishan's attention is now on me. Blabbering about how beautiful I am and how much he wants to marry me.

I shake my head and sit down beside his bead, waiting for his anesthesia to die down so that the grumpy ishan comes back to life.

Till then, I text isha about the situation and ask them to come over immediately and they do, but two hours later.

I sit on the same chair, while ma, isha and rishabh who looks all yellow from the Turmeric, sit on the sofa beside ishan's bed.

Ishan stirs in his slumber, his hand gripping mine lightly and I stand up, waiting for him to open his eyes and he does.

Slowly , he opens his eyes and blinks in the same speed.

"Ishan"

I call out his name and he blinks twice or thrice and now it finally looks like he gained consciousness.

"Hi, sunshine."

His words make relief wash over me and I take a deep breath.

Ishan's face searches mine for a second and he tries sitting up.

Kabir steps forward and rotates the pulley under the bed that makes the upper half of the bed in a sitting position.

"How did this happen, ishu? " Ma came forward, sitting in a small space on ishan's bed and keeping his hand over his.

"I have to figure that out , ma. Don't worry I'm okay now. " Ishan passes a small smile to his mother and the room is filled with tension and utter silence.

A sniff from isha directa our attention from ishan to her.

I look at her and my own tears threaten to spill.

She sniffs and cries uncontrollably while rishabh holds her, his own eyes red from controlling tears.

"Isha." Ishan calls her but she shakes her head, hiding in rishab's chest.

"Come here , beta, I need you. " Ishan puts his hand forward and isha sees it.

Hesitantly, wiping her tears she moves towards him and places her small palm in his.

Ishan pulls her beside him carefully and she lays her head on his shoulder.

"I got so scared, ishan bhai. You're the closest thing I have to a father. I don't want to loose you. It's better knowing you live worlds apart from me safely rather having you here and seeing you getting attacked like this." Her sobs get more emotional as she speaks and my heart breaks for her.

I miss my father a little too much today.

Seeing a girl cry for fathers love will never be normal to me. And the way adarsh treats his family is the worst thing a man can do to himself.

Every person in the room, ishan included, shed tears. I don't believe my eyes until insee him wiping under his eyes with his hand.

"I'm okay now, peanut. I'll be fine by the time you take a nap." Ishan laughs making isha make a face at him.

Ishan's gaze moves towards rishabh who sits there, shock etcher on his face like he never saw that coming and honestly, none of us did.

"Sorry, rishabh. I kinda spoiled your big day, man. "

Kabir scoffs at his sentence. Rolling his eyes and walking towards the couch and settling down on it.

"Bhai? Do you really think I'm upset with you about that? I don't want to do all of this with you. I'm postponing it." Rishabh leaves no room for excuses and walks out of the room.

"No need for postponing the wedding, ma. I'll be there."ishan counters and seema stares at him.

" No one asked you and if he's getting married all my kids should be fine and healthy, laughing and glowing with happiness-

"Excuse me, ma'am, the patients blood pressure is dropping slowly, the doctors are requesting you all to give him rest for sometime. " The nurse intejects her midway and they hurry up quickly.

Seema kisses him on the head and isha sidehugs him and stop in front of me.

"If you need anything you should call me, ashi. We're in this together, okay? " Seema cups my cheek and I nod at her, not able to collect words for replying.

Isha simply hugs me and leaves before asking me to update about his health.

"I'll wait outside. " Kabir walks out too, leaving me and ishan alone in the room and the heart rate monitor beeps rapidly. Showing his heart beat picking up.

I stare at ishan, afraid that I might hurt him by touching him in a wrong place.

"C'mere" Ishan calls me just like he called Isha and I shake my head saying no.

"Don't make a sick person beg, sunshine. Please come here. "