𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 17

"What happened? " Ashi asked her softly, she made her sit on the bed of isha's room, knowing there isn't a place in this house where children don't barge in running.

A few more tears slip from her cheeks, making her brown cheeks go wet.

"Nothing.. It's just a breakdown.. I have a bunch of these everyday" Isha shook her head and got up wiping her tears to grab the essential oil from her night stand drawer.

She had to fulfill her promise of giving ashi a massage to her sore feet from playing in the morning.

Ashi just stared at her in disbelief. She was here with a frantically beating heart and she's worried about the massage.

"Is that important, isha? I'm here to talk to you. Not to do that! " Ashi took away the bottle of oil and isha let her. Her lip quivered and her chin wobbled.

"You said you wouldn't trust me again! I don't want you to stop talking to me! " She said between wiping her tears and finally, tears formed in ashi's eyes.

Isha really thought ashi would do that. She was slowly becoming her best friend and the most favorite person in the mehra house.

"Why would you say that? I won't do that to you! You're too loving for someone to do that!" Ashi took isha's hand in hers, and gave it a squeeze telling her to stop crying, but that made her cry even more.

"No body loves me in this house, ashi! Nobody! "

"Mom and dad just keep fighting and I'm traumatized at this point. I just want them to live like how it was before. Rishabh hates me! He keeps fighting with me! Saying things that hurt me and ishan bhai doesn't even care if I am alive or not! I don't want to live here! " Sobs break from her lips and ashi pulled her into her chest letting her cry all the she wants.

And she did. Isha cried against her chest. She was shaking from all the pent up frustration.

Pulling away Isha wipes her tears away and looked at ashi. Who had nothing but pity in her brown eyes.

Shame filled her body as she realized what happened in the blink of a moment. Her brown cheeks go red at the thought.

"Isha, every couple fight. That's how relationships work. They fight and they find their way back to each other! There's nothing wrong in that, love. Trust me, marriage comes with a package that no one talks about! We have to deal with that in silence. Without letting anyone know about it. Your parents have their own differences that is leading them to fight. They will settle on it and life will go back to normal for them!" Ashi countered defending her fake inlaws. She knew nothing can go back to normal in their house.

There's no love left in the heart of adarsh to apologize for cheating on seema behind her back.

"And rishabh loves you more than anything, Isha. I'd kill to have someone who will love me like rishabh loves you. I know he can get a little too harsh on you but i can see how much he loves you" Giving her a small smile did nothing to Isha who kept crying.

Ignoring her, ashi continued.

"And your brother, ishan loves you more than anything in this world. He literally has your photo in his room if you didn't notice. You're his most favorite person, Isha. He doesn't show it off but if anyone on this planet loves you immensely, it's ishan. "

Ashi wasn't wrong. Ishan was only close to Isha in the entire house. And he even let her know that he'll leave country before sneaking out. That spoke volume for his love for her.

"I know.. It's just easy to blame everyone around you when something else is hurting you" Isha sniffed taking in her runny nose and wiping it with the sleeve of her pastel pink sweatshirt.

That made ashi frown. What was hurting her more?

"What do you mean? "

"I mean.. Ishan bhai does love me.. It's just easier to blame people rather than accepting that the one person who is actually hurting you will hurt you! " Isha muttered leaving ashi's jaw hanging open.

"Huh? That was a lot! Go slower" Ashi gave her a sheepish smile before crawling on her bed so that they're beside each other on isha's bed.

"I mean ishan bhai does love me but he loves you more than me. " Isha changed the topic. Didn't wanted to talk about the love of her life so casually on front of her sister in law.

"No he doesn't! We barely have any love between us! "

Isha let out a loud laugh and looked at her like she joked. But ashi didn't.

"Seriously? Ishan bhai loves you the most in this whole world! I can see it in his eyes! "

"What? "

"Yeah! He didn't play cricket since nani -nana died and he literally played with us in the morning because you asked him to. He didn't step back in India and he did because you were with him. If that's not love? I don't know what it is! " She shrugged causing a later of blush coat ashi's cheeks.

She had no idea what his thoughts were behind agreeing to play with them in the morning but she felt good about it.

"I don't think that's a good enough reason to tell me he loves me. What we have is more of a...

She couldn't find words. Love is definitely not the word or not is friendship. And she even couldn't tell her about the contract.

" Umm.. It's something I cannot define...."she said swallowing the thick lump in her throat.

" How about you call us a married couple with good understanding, wife? " A deep , rich and sexy voice interrupted them and ashi stilled.

Isha's gaze moves towards the door of her room where ishan was leaning in the door frame with his hands crossed across his chest and her face breaks into a beautiful grin.

He was in his usual attire but he was looking absolutely delicious in the plain black t-shirt that was stretching a bit around his biceps and those sweatpants.

Ashi turned her head around and her mouth when dry at the sight of his wet hair and a sliver chain dangling on his chest where the muscles were peeking out from the round neck t shirt.