𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 35

Pov: ishan

"Since when you're aware of this, ma? " I ask taking a seat in front of my mother.

Anger pulses through my veins and I control the very strong urge to kill my father.

"6 months after you flew" Her answer turned the anger in me turn into guilt.

He did is all because of me. Just because I didn't choose what he wanted me to and did what I fucking wanted, he tortured my mother for the satisfaction of his fragile ego.

"You should've told me, ma" Tears burn at the back of my eyes ready to fall.

I've never been this helpless in my life.

Whatever I wanted, I got because I had money. But I had no relations in my life. I never cared for anyone except for my mother and sister.

"Told you what? So that you return to me and leave all your dreams behind just for this fucked up relation? I don't think that was a right thing or any mother would do that"

Something hot and wet rolls down my cheeks and I feel like I'm a 16 year old kid again seeking validation from my mother that I'm beautiful.

"You're taking a divorce from that fucking monster, ma. End of discussion."

A knock on the door of the room makes them alert and i get up walking towards the door wiping my tears.

I open it a bit to see one of the worker standing with a file in his hand.

I open it wider and take the file and close the door shut again.

The moment I sat in the car after seeing him there, I filed for a divorce asking my lawyer to send it in a hour and I have them in my hands now.

"What is that? "

"Separation papers"

My mother gasps covering her mouth with her hand and looking at me with wide eyes.

"Don't do it, ishan. At this point of my life, I don't think I can survive alone. You will leave taking ashi with you after rishabh's wedding, he will get busy with his wife, Isha  will get married too and I will be left alone. With me being in this house will distract me from all the chaos in my mind."

"Please , ma. You deserve a lot better than him."

"I know I do. But it's too late for a divorce now."

She leans forward cupping my cheek with her small hand and more tears spill out of my eyes.

She's right. Ashi is not a part of our lives. Not hers. Not mine.

"Please don't ever do this to ashi. Promise me this, ishu" My mother eyes wet while taking a promise from me.

I tug at the ends of my hair to a point where I feel a few strands pull of out my scalp and a zap of pain seers through my skull.

"Don't ever break her heart. That girl is the most purest girl with no hard intentions. Don't be harsh on her, she loves you"

My eyes snap towards her on the last words and she nods slowly, wiping her tears.

"I'll give you some time to decide again, ma. If you feel like changing your mind remember that I won't leave you here alone. If I leave this country again, I won't be alone. "

I get up and walk closer to her and press my lips on her forehead.

With that I walk out of her room and release a shaky breath and stride straight towards my room and open it to find ashi, in my t shirt sitting in the bed with her legs crossed under her.

A pang of relief hits me when I see her face, a little worried and I know the reason is me.

Again.

I lock the door and walk straight towards her, sitting down beside her she looks confusingly at me , blinking her doe eyes at me.

I lay my head in her lap and close my eyes when I get a whip of her lavender and spicy body wash and I want to turn my nose into her and breathe in her till he smells like me.

Then I feel her hands go in my hair and a groan releases from my mouth at the feel of her soft hands caressing my hair.

"You're not the one responsible for this, ishan." My eyes snap open at her statement and I get up to look at her face.

"I want you to know that, you're not at fault. He is. And the only one responsible for this mess is him. Not you" She pokes at my chest so that I register her words.

Before I think of replying I get a hold of her slender neck, tug her forward and smash my lips on hers.