𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 20

Idea of a trip to delhi didn't seem that bad. Ashi and ishan packed their luggage for three days and left home before everyone woke up.

They were currently waiting at the private terminal of the mumbai airport waiting for ishan's manager to come pick then up but it's been over fifteen minutes already.

Getting annoyed, ishan pressed his phone to his ear, ready to lash out at him and did exactly that.

But to their knowledge, the airplane was already in use by his father.

"What happened?" Ashi's soft voice called ishan. She sat on the top of her luggage bag with her face in her hands.

She wore a straight long shirt that ended up right below her knees paired it with a same matching pant and had her dupatta pinned to her shoulder elegantly.

Ishan turned around to look at her. Sleep deprived face that also looked hungry and exhausted. Her hair were not made in any sort of hairsto. She let them down her back as they ended up right above her back. His eyes turned softer for her.

He walked closer to her and sat down so they were at eye level causing ashi to move a bit away , creating distance between them.

"Dad is using the jet." He sighed looking disappointed.

Frowning, ashi poked his suit clad forearm making him look up.

Ashi rolled her eyes aggressively while getting ready before they left home because seeing ishan in a armani suit for a flight made her uncomfortable. But he wouldn't listen to her so she let him wear it.

"Can't we use the normal airline? "

"We can. But i thought I could make use of that but my dad had some other plans" He grumbled under his breath and pushing himself off the ground to give her his hand.

She stared at the widespread hand in front of her but eventually grabbed it.

He entwined their hands holding her small, delicate and soft hand in his large ones like he owns her. Like he was proud of being her husband.

She looked at their hands and was in awe of the contrast between them.

Ishan led them silently towards the terminal and asked for the flight from mumbai to delhi and luckily that was still on land and didn't take off.

Taking a breath of relief, ishan asked for two business class tickets and fate had to step in. There were no business class Or first class tickets available.

They were left with no option other than choosing a economy class flight.

Ishan's grip on ashi's hand tightened when he proceeded to book their tickets.

"It's okay. Don't stress out we will go by road if reaching delhi is very important for you" Ashi held his hand with both of hers and blinked up at him.

Ishan held her stare for a moment and his gaze moved to the place where she was holding him.

For a moment, he felt like his problems disappeared by her touch. He wasn't supposed to feel this way but did.

The airport representative's voice brought him back to reality where his life was a mess because of his dad.

"Good morning , sir. Two economy class tickets for you are here! " The woman said with her voice extra coated with sugar on seeing ishan.

Ashi cringed beside him. And deep down, she was a little jealous too.

"And what is your name? "

"Ashi mehra. My wife"

Ishan announced just after ashi opened her mouth to reply. She was stunned. That was the first time he reffered to her as his wife. And that boosted her confidence.

"Ok.. Okay sir.. Certainly, I wasn't aware of your marriage , sir. I'm sorry" She started panicking seeing the look on ishan's face and hurried after them as they were about to go on board.

They made their way through the plane towards their seat and the plane was full. Not one single seat was empty.

Sitting down on their respective seats, ishan started working in his laptop, punching in the codes she couldn't understand.

To distract herself she started playing with the baby of the woman beside her.

The sound of ashi's laughter echoed in ishan's ears distracting him from his work.

He turns his head sideways to see a chubby baby boy playing with her cheeks, pulling them and kissing her.

He didn't like it. He felt ridiculous to feel jealous of a baby but he had this sudden urge of getting her attention was very strong.

"You're so cute. Oh my god" Ashi muttered between her laughs when the baby rested his head on his chest.

She pulled him away and looked at ishan to find him staring at her.

A blush creeped on her cheeks painting them red as she continued playing with him.

"You're good with kids" Ishan said her with a low voice not scaring the happy kid in her lap.

His mother passed out on the seat beside them probably wishing the best for ashi for letting her have a short nap.

"No.. he's a happy child" She flicked the baby's nose making him giggle in his position.

A dreamy smile pulled up on her lips.

"No but you're anyways good with people.. I mean.. You are good at carrying relationships" Ishan reassured her to which she sighed and pulled the small boy in her to her chest and rubbing a warm hand on his back.

She gave him a wry smile and shook her head slowly.

"Sometimes I think I'm unfit for any human relation on this earth. " Pain laced her voice. She suddenly felt so many emotions inside her head that it was very difficult for her to keep up.

Since the moment her parents died she knew no one on this planet. She had no other family expect for her uncle who made her go through so much until she grew up and moved out. She always got betrayed by the people she thought were her own.

So she distracted herself by playing with the chubby hands of the small human on her lap.

But ishan was stunned by her sentence. What made her say that? He opened his mouth to tell her that she's wrong. To tell her that she's the only person he ever met who's so good with people around her but the announcement of the plane landing interrupted him.

So he kept quiet. He saw her wiping the corner of her eye in his peripheral vision.

They land in delhi and step out of the airport in silence. None of then speak until ishan's driver picks them up at the airport and they get settled in the car.