𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 47

"Don't you fucking lie to me."

His words make me nervous and I looK away clearing my throat.

"I just woke up can you give me a minute before you start being mean to me? " I mutter slowly and let my gaze drag towards him.

His gaze is cold. And I fear his silence because last time one of his men tried kidnapping me, he gave him a merciless death. I cannot even imagine what he'll do to dev if I tell him what all he did to me.

I shake away the thoughts and rub the spot on my wrist and walk towards him.

Ishan slowly raises my wrist to his face and inspects it slowly, gently letting his finger tips stay there causing delicious shivers that make my body tingle and electricity run through my body.

His eyes meet mine in the next moment and I see no joke there. He's all serious and looks like a wolf in the moment.

I swallow under his stare and try pulling my hand away from him.

"You know that I can find out about everything of the person who hurt you in the matter of seconds right? "

Fuck. How does he has so much power over everyone in this whole world.

"Yeah.. Yeah, Mr Richie rich. I know you can. " I wave him off trying my best to change to topic and take the talk about anything but what he's asking.

"I swear to god, ashi. Before I make a call just tell me who it was."

And that was my last straw and I blurt out the reason behind the mark.

"Dev."

I watch his brows furrow again.

"Who the fuck is dev? "

"Avni's brother. He was my ex boyfriend. "

"The same ex who treated you like shit? "

"Mhm" I nod my head waiting for the actual reaction that will probably come out of him any second.

"He's not living a second anymore on this fucking planet atleast." Ishan goes to grab his phone and panic erupts in my chest.

I quickly run towards the door with ishan on his heels behind me, fire and rage burning in his eyes.

"You're absolutely adorable if you think I will let him roam around after he fucks with my wife? " Ishan let's out a exasperated laugh before his face comes back to the hard stare at me.

I don't budge from my spot in front of the door with my hands behind my back, holding the knob.

"Just listen to me..

The knock on the door startles me and ishan is quick to move forward and put me behind him before he opens the door.

" Oh hello, Mr. Mehra. I hope you're doing well."

It was a nurse who probably came for a checkup.

"I'm good. Are you here to get something? " Ishan's words are harsher than usual. He is generally like this to everyone but now, I take the charge for the sudden change.

"I'm here for your blood."

My brows furrow and i lean in the small space to peep what is going on.

"Excuse me? "

"I'm here to collect your blood to run through some blood tests." She smiles at him and the smile is not friendly at all it is more flirty than what a nurses smile should be.

Why do i care and why am I even jealous? It's obvious because I like him.

"I'm fine now. I need a discharge in a hour or two." Ishan goes to close the door shut but she stops him again, her hand on his forearm.