𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 42

The haldi ceremony kicked off as soon as everyone were ready and i couldn't find ishan in the entire house.

I try calling his number but it was switched off. Panic kicks in while I think about the worst situations he could possibly in.

"Ashi, I'd like you to start first. " Ma nudges me gently towards rishabh who looks really excited to sit on the huge oxidized stool that looks like is borrowed from a palace.

The perfectly match with the decor of their backyard brings up the color of everyone's dresses.

Looks Rishabh spent a lot of his money on the decor of the house as the whole house is decked up with flowers and lights everywhere.

I nod at her and make my way towards him who grins at me like I offered him a huge candy.

"Hello, bhabhs" He drawls out rolling his sleeves further up and fixing his glasses.

I shake my head and take the mixture of haldi on my fingers before I drag it across his cheeks.

I rub it in his entire face and proceed towards his forearms and feet.

"Rub it nicely, bhabi. I should glow like sun tomorrow! " Ishan pushes his faces into a pout in front of me so that I can rub it properly.

Everyone around us start chuckling at his words and I get up patting his cheek and let ma proceed it with the ceremony.

My eyes never stop searching for ishan till I spot Kabir, standing in a corner, dressed up like he has a meeting with mafia gang in five minutes.

Wiping my hands with a towel, I walk towards him making him look up at me.

"Hi, Kabir. " I greet him with a small smile to which he just nods.

I look around again to find ishan but I don't spot him anywhere.

"I have to tell you something-

" Do you know where is ishan-

We speak at the same time and my brows bunch in curiosity.

What does he have to tell me?

"What? "

"I don't want you to overreact or shout and all because I want you to keep it a secret. "

now he's scaring me. His tone held no humor and my heart starts picking up its pace.

"Just say it already"

I shift my weight from one leg to another , waiting for him to start speaking.

"Ishan was attacked. And is now admitted in a hospital. He got shot that too the bullet was very near to his heart."

Breath out of my lungs is squeezed out my body goes numb. I don't react, just like he wanted and i don't shout at all.

I just blink up at him and find him staring down at me with pity in his eyes.

"How? He.. He was just fine a few minutes back.. I stitched his.. Button and he promised me-

"Ashi."

Kabir stops me motioning with his hand and my words falls at the tip of my tongue.

"Please take me to him. " A small cry escapes my lips and he sighs.

"Of course I will, ashi. But before that, change your dress because this attire is not allowed in that hospital. "

I nod at him vigorously and make a run towards ishan's room and grab the first sweatshirt I lay my eyes on and run in the bathroom to change into it.

I have never switched my dress so quickly in my entire life than I did now because all I want to do now is go and see ishan.