𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 10

One of the few things that ashi was getting fond of was, the roof top.

After ishan leaves his usual spot, ashi sneaks out of the room in the night and sits there in peace, basking moonlight and stargazing.

After a awkward moment when avni asked ishan that when is he going to propose ashi, asking her hand in marriage, they found it hard to even look at each other.

They avoided each other's gaze like they don't know each other, let alone answering the question she asked.

On hearing the steps behind her, ashi turns to see ishan in his casual wear walking towards her.

Shit. She got caught.

But he already came up here and left, why did he return?

He waltzed straight in her direction and sat beside her on the swing that was broad enough for both of them to adjust.

She stilled in her seat and swallowed. She got up to leave. She wasn't ready for another moment of argument between them.

Ishan grabs her hand and pulls her down making her sit back on her place,  bit close to him instead.

"You don't have to leave every place I enter" He stated out grumpily, not even glancing at her. He didn't let go of her hand that he was holding beside him.

His deep, rich and sexy voice penetrated through her soul and she could feel her heart thumping in her body.

"It's just  that.. I don't want to fight with you anymore since you despise me so much" She looked at  him sideways, his  eyes we're boring holes in the concrete under their feet.

He didn't deny her saying that he despised her. He didn't have the guts to. He pressed his lips tighter to avoid telling her something he'd regret later.

"You aren't on a good terms with your dad? " She asked.

This question was swirling in her mind ever since their argument on the dining table. The way they threw sarcastic retorts at each other.

"I've never been, atleast since I started to stand up for myself, I remember he did this. " A bitter smile passes his face making ashi stare at him. She didn't like that smile of his.

"Why? " She didn't wanted to ask it, yet the question slipped out of her mouth like sand from ones hands.

Ishan finally turned to look at her, her face screamed innocence. Doe brown eyes, long lashes, perfect lips and her hair.

Ishan was thinking of the ways he could avoid this conversation. But he did start speaking without any thought.

"He wanted me to become a doctor or a engineer. When I completed my college I was told I have to take one of those and pursue my career but I had no intrest in those fields. I had a few savings back then and I applied for a university in New York and with the help of my grandparents, I left the country without telling anyone."

Without any hesitation of being judged, he continued.

"When I returned after six months, he disowned me but my nani relentlessly convinced him to forgive me, he got angry one day and pushed my nani out of anger causing her head to hit the table and she died of impact. That's the day I've decided that I will hate him till the end of my fucking life"

Ashi blinked away a few tears. How could someone be so cruel? Question replayed in her mind.

Ishan looked at her to find her eyes, that attracted him the most , filled with tears. He didn't like them. He reached out tugging the eye line of her eye so that the tear falls down, he wipes it with the pad of his thumb and turns away.