𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 15

"You heard me"ishan countered with a calm tone.

"Is this some kind of sick joke? " She was disappointed more than being mad at him to even bring up the thought.

"I need you to do me a favour, ashi" Ishan rasped out, trying to be as quick as possible.

Then he had to convince her for a short trip to delhi. It was fucked up. Everything is a mess.

"Ishan.are you serious right now? " She asked again. She wasn't able to believe it.

"I am. Do I look like I joke? "His voice was growing annoyed because he didn't expect to land in the mess his father was making.

" Do I look like a joke to you?"she asked taking a step towards him. Close enough to show that she's angry and far enough that she could see his face.

"You randomly call me one day asking me to get engaged and I do because I had to help my best friend! Now you want me to get married to you?! Are you kidding me, ishan? "

His lips formed a thin line. He rubbed them together to keep his mouth shut from blurting out shit that'll make it even more complicated than it already is.

Before he could reply, she continued.

"I'm not doing this. Whatever contract you made me sign. Retract it. I'll pay whatever you want if that's what you're thinking about and I'll buy alia a flat that'll keep her safe but I'm not getting married to you just to get divorced"

She was clear. But she didn't confess that it was her who was getting used to this family. The love they had for each other was the kind of love she always wanted to experience.

Losing her parents when she was thirteen, made her crave mother's soft touch and father's love that spoils. Sisters fights and brother's protectiveness. Ishan's family gave her everything.

Isha was like her younger sister who is stubborn as hell. Rishabh was like her older brother who is all sweet when he wants ashi to do his work. Seema spoiled her so much with her love, making her favorite food at home or be it braiding her hair. They loved her so much that it almost felt like she's dreaming.

She knew when this will be over, she'll be the one left with a heart that will be full of love yet she'll be all alone in this world again. With one best friend and tons of memories.

"It's not about the money. It's about-" he raked his hand through his hair making it even more messy. The brown strands of his hair fell on his forehead and ashi had the sudden urge to push them back. Just to feel his hair between her fingers.

Now was not the time. She reminded herself and took a deep breath.

"You want me to get on my knees and beg you or something? If yes, I'll fucking do it because I cannot let my hardwork of years go in drain because of my father's fragile ego. " Ishan muttered putting his hands in the pockets of his sweatpants.

Ashi looked at him in disbelief. How can someone be so casual about something so serious.

"What kind of a heartless person are you? " She breathed looking up at him with a face of pure disgust.

"Call me whatever you want because I -

Ishan pinched the bridge of his nose, trying not to lash out on her, again.

" Your family is discussing our wedding there. They are excited about your wedding more than rishabh's! Isha is planning my bridal shower, selecting my wedding dress and everything else I couldn't even think of! I cannot live with the guilt of breaking their hearts for the rest of my life."

Ashi's words were like a punch in his face. His family had always been annoying about his wedding. Since he was the oldest of all the grandchildren in both the sides of his family. Yet he wa standing there, attending wedding of cousins younger than him.

"Ashi, I've never begged in my entire life-

" Of course you didn't " Ashi huffed out a breath of laughlaugh, shaking her head and crossing her arms over her chest.

"Dad is planning an agenda against me for my downfall. He knows that whatever this is between us"- he points in between them- " Is fake. He is asking my partners to change the contract so that I'll loose my partnership with them. I need to get married to prove him wrong, ashi. Please "

He voice almost croaked till the word. Their hearts were beating abnormally inside their chests with all the shoutings.

Ashi flicked her gaze towards him and the brown pools of his eyes only potrayed helplessness.

"Why is he doing that? " She tried keeping her voice as soft as possible. Ashi felt bad for him.

"I.. I don't know but what I know is, I'll make him pay for this."

He closed his fists so tightly that the colour of his palms was changing to blood red. Ashi saw that.

"What about the marriage after you're done? "

The question she was most afraid of. She knew how bad the life of women who get divorced is in India. If she agreed to it, she was signing up for a big risk.

Ishan swallowed the think formed in his throat. His throat worked and the grooves between his eyebrows smoothen for a bit.

"I'll put it up for annulment. With that you will not be a divorcee." He said looking at her face that changed its color.

Her face was all red. The beads of sweat formed on her forehead with hair sticking to it.

Licking her dried lips, she uttered a small okay before slumping down on the bed behind her.

Ishan's breath returned and he sat beside her on the bed, both of their gazes fixed somewhere on the ground, memorizing the creaks in them.

Ashi had a really bad feeling about this. And so did ishan.