chapter 40

Pov: ishan

The moment ashi walks away with the constable, I'm left alone with a really tiny human in my arms that just blinks at me. .

She blinks up at me that makes me look into her eyes that are just as beautiful as her.

Reaching up, I remove the tiny brown hair from her eyes that might've been irritating her but not anymore that just gives her a moment to latch herself on my hand that is larger in size than her whole face.

My heart shifts inside me due to amount of gentleness a small human can pull out of me without even uttering a single word.

"Hey, baby girl" I tug at her chin with my index finger while both of her hands hold my palm firmly, pressing her sharp nails into my skin.

But in this moment, I care nothing about it.

"Your father looks like he's a kind of an asshole" I mumble looking at the group where ashi stands between the driver and the mother,talking to the police about something I cannot hear with so much confidence like she knows what she's doing and it's right.

I'm so fucking proud of her.

"When you grow up, just be like ashi, okay? " I smile at her and her face breaks into a smile mirroring my smile and my heart burns.

I hold her closer, keeping an eye on ashi and bouncing the baby in my arms slowly till she drifts to sleep in my arms with her tiny face laid on my shoulder with drool dripping out on the cloth.
And her small palms just beside her face, taking support of my shoulders.

I keep on holding her till I feel a pat on my other shoulder and i turn around to find ashi with a dreamy smile on her face, her hands still have the gajrey i bought for her on the way.

"They're leaving, we need to hand the baby over. " She points her thumb behind her and my gaze drifts there to find the mother signing away some papers.

I hand her over like giving away and i hear ashi laugh beside me.

Frowning, I take her hand in mine and lead us to our car while crossing the road.

"What's so funny? " I ask her once we are on the other side of the door and I open the passenger side of the car for her.

She replies as she sits down.

"You were pouting as if she was your own child. " Ashi shakes her head again with a small smile playing on her face and I swear I feel the same smile in her voice.

Without replying to her, I get inside and start driving without telling her anything.

I glance at her every two seconds, watch her fidget with her thumbs or even play with the hem of her dupatta.

She's really fidgety when she is curious and i know she has so many questions. I'm wondering what are those and why is she not questioning continuously now.

I keep my mouth shut and drive in silence even though I hear her sigh one time and since then, she's on her phone looking at the same Pinterest board.

I need to check what's hidden in that app that she is spending so much time on it.

I pull up in the house and the house is already silent.

"Why is it so silent today? " Ashi mutters looking in front of her as I pull in the garage, parking the car and we get out of it.

"I have more idea. Let's see"

The house help comes behind us holding bags of items ashi bought and directly takes them to our room and we were stopped by mum.

"Hello, ma" Ashi hugs her sideways as my mother sits on the couch in the living room.

"Kidhar the tumlog? " She pushes off her glasses off her nose and closes the magazine she was reading and looks up at us.

We walk over together and sit down each on one side of her.

"I had nothing to wear so I thought I'll buy something" Ashi tucked a stray strand of her long browish black hair behind her ear and sheepishly peeped at me.

I just watch her change personality. She's so fierce and savage when she is around me and becomes so timid when it is other people.

"Well done. My son was stacking all the money he is been earning from so many years, finally he found someone who can spend it for him. " Ma takes our hands together and places it on top of each other while placing hers on top.

My gaze moves to ashi who is looking at me like she is not responsible for what just happened.

Her eyes are wide and cheeks are flushed and the urge to grab her by neck and kiss her till she passes out floods within me but i control.

"Go.sleep now. You both have to be wake up early tomorrow. " She pats our cheeks and makes us leave and we walk towards our room with ashi leading me and i walk behind her.

While we take stairs I notice her dupatta wiping the floor as she walks so I bend down picking it up and wrapping it around my wrist.

We enter the room and i lock the door with one hand while the other is still wrapped around my fist.

Ashi gets tugged back forcefully when she tries taking one more step further.

Her hand flies to her shoulder and her steps closer to me.

"What are you doing with my dupatta wrapped around your hand like that ?" She asks slightly tilting her head, eyes filled with curiosity.

Blush is spread across her cheeks and her lips are slightly parted.

"Sunshine? "

"Yes, ishan? "

"Can i kiss you? "

"Huh? "

"I asked if I can kiss you? "

I repeat making my stance clear that I want to kiss the shit out of her. Right now. Right away.

"Right now? "

"Yes"

"Yes, You can bu-

I don't let her finish her sentence and grab her by her throat and rotate her so that her back is pushed to the door and slam my lips down on her and take in the gasp that left her mouth.