𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 46

Ishan's pov:

Watching ashi sleep peacefully in my arms has become my newly discovered hobby.

It took me a lot of patience to make her understand that I had no option other than putting up this Overdramatic act.

When Kabir informed me about how my fucking father is coming after me and was successful in one of my partner break their deal with me.

It took me one fucking accident for my brain to hit the spot and understand what was actually happening.

Ashi stirs in my arms and i go still.

Admit all the chaos going on, this woman brings some sort of peace in my life.

It aches to look at her for long.

I run my hand through her hair, moving them away so that i can get a view of her face clearly.

She's so fucking god dam beautiful and has no idea about it but I'm here to tell her everytime she asks me what I look at her.

Someone like ashi deserves someone way better than me but imagining her with someone else disgusts me to my core.

I watch her sleep for a few more minutes and her eyes flutter open with a big yawn followed.

"Good morning, sunshine. "

Her mouth snaps shut and she gets up with her eyes wide which makes me chuckle at her.

"How is it morning?! I just slept an hour ago! " Ashi reaches for her phone and checke time before sighing and looking at me.

I raise my eyebrows and attempt at hiding my smile.

It's just fascinating to watch her do her own thing.

What the fuck is happening to me?

"How do I go home now? " She asks opening her bun that is barely looking like a bun as her hair are all out of the band.

"Why do you have to go home? " I ask her crossing my arms over my chest.

While she drifted off to sleep the moment I pulled her to my chest last night, I immediately called Kabir who waited outside patiently till we made out.

"Done with all the snuggling and cuddling your fake wife? " He asks as he enters the room and watches ashi sleep on my chest peacefully.

The only reason I bare the shit he gives me is because he is an extremely talented person when it comes to technology.

Kabir can get his hands dirty and can dig up the most successfully hidden secrets of people just for fun and enjoys doing that.

"Shut up. What are the updates? "

He plops down on the very comfortable looking couch right beside my bed and stretches his legs out.

"I hacked the data and corrupted it. It will take time to make any changes to the rules and taking any action with proper data." Kabir flicks the dust on his suit.

"What if they hire someone really genius and they fix it in no time? "

He nods slowly. I don't know if he thinks nobody can test him or is actually considering my possibility.

"He already did. I'm just waiting for her to start working on it."  He looks at me dead in the eye and says.

Dear father hired someone who can hack and is better than Kabir? That too a girl?

"Her? "

Kabir nods, a evil smirk spreading on his face that makes my brows furrow.

He's never mentioned any girl before so who's this?

I mentally make a note to investigate about it later.

"Looks like your Princess of a wife hasn't slept in years. "  Kabir's gaze drops to ashi's face squished on  my bicep.

He looks at me when I don't reply anything.

"I didn't realize you both like each other. "

My eyes snap towards him.

"We don't. "

Kabir laughs shaking his head, leaning forward he keeps his elbows on his knees and shakes his head as if I'm joking.

"Yeah sure and I'm married."

I scoff at him and he raises his eyebrows.

I've never been that free to think about loving anyone. It was just me and my work.

But now, if anything, she's fucking with my head and all I  want to do is protect her and keep her  safe.

The first face that flashed in front of my eyes when my car went into air was her.

I didn't even realize I was infatuated with her that I'll think about her when I was about to die.

"She clearly likes you." 

I look at her sleeping without a sound and the way she grips my hands. As if I'm her safe place.

"How do you know, love guru? " I narrow my eyes at  him and he smiles at me.

Again that fucking evil smile.

"Should've seen the way blood ran out of her face when I told her you got in to an accident. She was cold and pale for hours before she became normal. " 

Oh fuck. I now get why she's so mad at me.

"Enough. Let me take rest." I lean back still thinking why would she cry for me like that.

I hear him laugh and the air in the room changes.

I open my eyes to find an empty room.

I  grab my phone and text isha to send someone over with her clothes.

Keeping the phone back, I look at her and pull her closer that half of her body is on mine.

Even though my full body is sore from the hit, Its fucking great to have her in my arms like this.

"I asked isha to send your clothes and she did." I smile at her and her gaze drops to my dimple on the right cheek.

She's been doing that a lot since yesterday as if it is  bothering her.

Just like her lush lips bother me and I feel like kissing her every time I look at her face.

"Aww. Thank you! " She bats her lashes at me and brings her hand up to blow me a kiss.

A smile forms on my lips and fades away instantly when I see her wrist with red marks on it.

"Ashi."

She stops, turns around over her shoulder making her hair fly a bit.

"Come here."

She doesn't listen right away, obviously but frowns in her spot.

"Huh? " She blinks at me confusingly. Lips parted and eyes dialted.

"Come here." I give her my hand and she takes it hesitantly.

I examine her hand and she mutters a fuck under her breath. Behaves as if I wasn't supposed to see that.

"Who did this to you, sunshine? " My voice sounds neutral but internally I'm battling a rage war to shake the fuck her and ask her about it.

"Nothing.. From my dress yesterday.. It might've left marks.. " Ashi herself doesn't know what she's yapping about.

"Don't you fucking lie to me."